Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leasing MX 90D in Texas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wanted to lease in Texas, but with the tax, the numbers did not make much sense unless you have a company where you can write it off. You are adding between $6000 and $10000 to the lease payments over 24-36 payments, then the way Tesla handles the Federal Tax credit, origination and disposal fees, it is that much worse.

Less hassle to just walk away at the end, but unless the current S & X take a massive nosedive on resale, you are better just buying in most cases (in Texas).

And if the car 'lives' in Texas, you will pay tax on the full amount.

Last edited:
I'm in Texas you have to pay the full sales tax amount even if you lease. If NJ will credit you back sales tax paid on an out of state purchase it might work.

well if i have my friend register at his house, wouldn't that work? I found a company that does out of state registration for the consumer.

Beacon National Auto Tag and Title

New vehicles in the state of New Jersey don't need inspections either, so it seems the car doesn't need to physically be there

well if i have my friend register at his house, wouldn't that work? I found a company that does out of state registration for the consumer.

Beacon National Auto Tag and Title

New vehicles in the state of New Jersey don't need inspections either, so it seems the car doesn't need to physically be there

Sure, If you never want Texas plates and the local police don't care. Assuming you can get Jersey plates. Probably would work for a couple of years.