Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leasing - Tint and Opti-Coat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys and Gals,

I am hoping to take delivery on leased P85D in the next few week. My plan is to immediately have it tinted (FomulaOne Pinnacle 30) and coated (Opti-Coat Pro Plus).

Is anyone aware of any lease restrictions that would prevent me from doing this or cause problems down the line?

Thanks.
Tim

Guys and Gals,

I am hoping to take delivery on leased P85D in the next few week. My plan is to immediately have it tinted (FomulaOne Pinnacle 30) and coated (Opti-Coat Pro Plus).

Is anyone aware of any lease restrictions that would prevent me from doing this or cause problems down the line?

Thanks.
Tim

The Leasing Agreement in Canada mentions modification to design and replacement parts with inferior quality may be considered excessive wear. That said, the tint and coat realistically won't be issues.

Tim - who are you having do the work locally? I'm not interested in the opti-coat but considering a tint after the last few weeks of heat!

Thanks!

I'm having Solar Insulation in West Nashville do it. They come highly recommended and have done a Tesla before. Their prices seem very reasonable - sides and rear window in Formula One Pinnacle is $329+tax.

FWIW - They have a long lead time on appointments. If you want to meet and see mine after it is done maybe we can arrange that. It is happening on 8/24 so any time after that is possible. PM me if you want.

Great - thanks so much. I may take you up on this offer. I also have some thoughts on your handling questions as I have had quite a few 911s and BMW M cars - I need some time to sit down and type you a message on this with my comparison. I will say that the handling is quite good and very neutral but not nearly as 'engaging' as early M3s or P cars.

Great - thanks so much. I may take you up on this offer. I also have some thoughts on your handling questions as I have had quite a few 911s and BMW M cars - I need some time to sit down and type you a message on this with my comparison. I will say that the handling is quite good and very neutral but not nearly as 'engaging' as early M3s or P cars.

Thank you. I'm interested to hear your thoughts - just PM me when you have time. Also I was serious about my offer - happy to find time to meet up after 8/24. Maybe we meet down at the SC and get some juice for our cars and you can see the tint.