Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have a guess at whether leasing will be available for first production? After being a (relatively) early MS owner, I'm not particularly keen on owning another early production car.

Have 2 M3's on order. One will probably be the AWD one sometime in late 2018.

Anyone have a guess at whether leasing will be available for first production? After being a (relatively) early MS owner, I'm not particularly keen on owning another early production car.

Have 2 M3's on order. One will probably be the AWD one sometime in late 2018.

The only options now are cash and finance Tesla needs the cash ASAP. Cash or financing pays Tesla in full upfront as they don't do their financing in-house. I personally don't think leasing will be an option while they have high numbers of outstanding reservations.

No currently available leasing option. No word, if and when, it will be either. Wouldn't expect leasing option anytime soon.

Also, I would not compare an early S, their first production car, to the 3, their third (not counting the Roadster).

That sucks. I might have to evaluate how much I want an early production...

There's also the issue that I'd likely want to upgrade in a 2-3 year timeframe to whatever the newest iteration is. My 2013 MS missed out on so many features it felt antiquated by late 2014...