Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leasing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know when leasing is going to become avalible for the modelS through tesla or via 3rd party?
They currently have a "lease equivalent". Guaranteed residual value at 36 to 39 months if financed through Tesla if you decide you don't want the car at that time (or continue payments and it's a purchase). The info is on their website. I have that plan, 1.99% for 60 months.

If you are seeking for a business write off, it's not available through Tesla. Contact your financial institution as they have commercial departments specializing in lease programs. However, expect the rate to be prime +, so it won't be a "deal" compared to what BMW or the other manufacturers have to offer. IMO not worth it...just buy

[QUOthat is my plan, ylerCA;521267]If you are seeking for a business write off, it's not available through Tesla. Contact your financial institution as they have commercial departments specializing in lease programs. However, expect the rate to be prime +, so it won't be a "deal" compared to what BMW or the other manufacturers have to offer. IMO not worth it...just buy[/QUOTE]

Yes that is my plan. It seems with the tesla lease equivalent, why would they care how they got the money, seems like my business could pay for it and that would be betweeñ me and the government. I have talked with John krumdick who seemed to help many finance their testla's and there might be a 3rd party lease that will be availible but I'm not sure exactly when that might be. Does anyone know of a financial institution that will be doing a lease on the tesla's?

They currently have a "lease equivalent". Guaranteed residual value at 36 to 39 months if financed through Tesla if you decide you don't want the car at that time (or continue payments and it's a purchase). The info is on their website. I have that plan, 1.99% for 60 months.
When did you finalize your lease details? I'm now hearing 2.25% for 60 months. Thanks.

[QUOthat is my plan, ylerCA;521267]If you are seeking for a business write off, it's not available through Tesla. Contact your financial institution as they have commercial departments specializing in lease programs. However, expect the rate to be prime +, so it won't be a "deal" compared to what BMW or the other manufacturers have to offer. IMO not worth it...just buy

Yes that is my plan. It seems with the tesla lease equivalent, why would they care how they got the money, seems like my business could pay for it and that would be betweeñ me and the government. I have talked with John krumdick who seemed to help many finance their testla's and there might be a 3rd party lease that will be availible but I'm not sure exactly when that might be. Does anyone know of a financial institution that will be doing a lease on the tesla's?[/QUOTE]

Give him a buzz:

Steve Tramleasure
Account Executive
Zions Credit Corporation
(925) 406-4601 - Office
(925) 699-8112 - Mobile
(801) 812-8525 - Fax

Still working to find a lease product that will benefit our borrowers and also be something that works for the Credit Union. I will inform the group once something before available. In the interim, if I can assist any borrowers with financing, please let me know. Jon K.

Haven't looked into any form of financing for autos for the past several yrs. How cheap is money now? May consider it if it is low enough for the X