TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Leasing

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Pkim, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Pkim

Pkim New Member

Does anyone know when leasing is going to become avalible for the modelS through tesla or via 3rd party?

2. crmohler

crmohler Member

They currently have a "lease equivalent". Guaranteed residual value at 36 to 39 months if financed through Tesla if you decide you don't want the car at that time (or continue payments and it's a purchase). The info is on their website. I have that plan, 1.99% for 60 months.

3. TylerCA

TylerCA Member

If you are seeking for a business write off, it's not available through Tesla. Contact your financial institution as they have commercial departments specializing in lease programs. However, expect the rate to be prime +, so it won't be a "deal" compared to what BMW or the other manufacturers have to offer. IMO not worth it...just buy

4. Pkim

Pkim New Member

[QUOthat is my plan, ylerCA;521267]If you are seeking for a business write off, it's not available through Tesla. Contact your financial institution as they have commercial departments specializing in lease programs. However, expect the rate to be prime +, so it won't be a "deal" compared to what BMW or the other manufacturers have to offer. IMO not worth it...just buy[/QUOTE]

Yes that is my plan. It seems with the tesla lease equivalent, why would they care how they got the money, seems like my business could pay for it and that would be betweeñ me and the government. I have talked with John krumdick who seemed to help many finance their testla's and there might be a 3rd party lease that will be availible but I'm not sure exactly when that might be. Does anyone know of a financial institution that will be doing a lease on the tesla's?

5. tomp

tomp Member

When did you finalize your lease details? I'm now hearing 2.25% for 60 months. Thanks.

6. TylerCA

TylerCA Member

Yes that is my plan. It seems with the tesla lease equivalent, why would they care how they got the money, seems like my business could pay for it and that would be betweeñ me and the government. I have talked with John krumdick who seemed to help many finance their testla's and there might be a 3rd party lease that will be availible but I'm not sure exactly when that might be. Does anyone know of a financial institution that will be doing a lease on the tesla's?[/QUOTE]

Give him a buzz:

Steve Tramleasure
    Account Executive
    Zions Credit Corporation
    (925) 406-4601 - Office
    (925) 699-8112 - Mobile
    (801) 812-8525 - Fax

7. crmohler

crmohler Member

I got the quote November 22nd and signed the paperwork online a few days later. I'm due to pick up my S60 12/21. I put 20% down.

8. TylerCA

TylerCA Member

Haven't looked into any form of financing for autos for the past several yrs. How cheap is money now? May consider it if it is low enough for the X