Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Least expensive way to ship wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you don't care about speed, you should be able to use Greyhound/Traiways. You'll have to have someone pack them, and drop them at the bus station, then pick them up from a bus station. I've moved large car parts that way before, its slow (and takes an unpredictable amount of time) but it is much cheaper than the alternatives.

• Informative
Reactions: rtanov and Krash
Weirdly, I got a nasty up charge from UPS for doing that. They indicated the item was improperly packed. I suspect TireRack has some kind of special agreement with UPS...

I've gotten tires on wheels from another company the same way. I actually had to return a set that way, too - although the company paid for return shipping via UPS so I don't know if there was an upcharge.

So I had my friend ship my referral wheels overseas to me a couple weeks ago. He followed this guide and packed them a bit more than the guide says since they were going overseas and the military doesn't really give a crap about heavy packages and tosses them around... And through USPS it was $90 per 20" wheel and 2 have shown up with absolutely 0 damage so far.

How to Ship Wheels, Must Read!!

• Informative
Reactions: shimmy