Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Least-used supercharger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This site has any number of threads about congestion at California superchargers. Most of my long-distance travel has been here in the Midwest... and of course I see nothing like that crowding around here.

It set me to wondering: which SC station is the *least* used? Now that Tesla puts out real-time occupancy of its chargers, it should be possible in theory to know this. Although without third-party access to the data, I guess collecting the information would be pretty hard.

Anybody know?

We charged at Shamrock Texas twice last July. Not only was it deserted, except for us, pretty much the whole town was deserted.

I stood in the middle of the main street next to the SC for a few minutes and did not see any human activity.
shamrock is a quiet one but it gets a steady stream of travellers, there are even
more desolate ones in that region

• Informative
Reactions: Vern Padgett
I would like to know the answer. There are a great many that are highly seasonal and/or holiday oriented. I suspect that the least used ones
... But I would submit that it must be in a town that is towards the end of the Supercharger line...
At the moment there are Superchargers functioning where the connections are not, so places such as Ballacolla, Ireland are probably mostly empty.
The four Jordanian ones support a pretty small fleet with close to zero tourist travel inbound from Tesla (not zero though, I have driven to Amman from abroad myself, so it can and is done, just very infrequently, even more infrequently by Tesla). Possibly they should not count since they are privately owned.

• Informative
Or maybe it was crucial initially, like Lusk but now is just part of a regional network. An actual mistake would be a surprise since TM would have put in a temporary SC on skids (like Aurora) if they had doubts about a location.
--

Lusk, Wy has got to be it (at least in the US).

Edit, or maybe Farmington, NM. There is pretty much nothing around there.
Lusk WY does seem like a good candidate.

While it is true that Blanding UT and Farmington NM are less important now than they were when they were installed as part of the first coast-to-coast route, they do provide access to more than a half dozen national parks and monuments, Monument Valley, and Albuquerque, the largest city in New Mexico. Depending on where one is coming from.

I've been wondering how much Lima MT gets used. I-15 traffic from the south could go directly to West Yellowstone MT and traffic on I-90 could enter Yellowstone NP directly from the north. Neither route seems to really need Lima for Yellowstone access so the question then becomes how much that stretch of I-15 is used to get from I-90 to I-84 and vice versa.

On a semi-relevant note, the Lusk Supercharger looks to be dead center on the total eclipse path coming August 21st, 2017. :)

screen-shot-2017-05-14-at-1-07-47-pm-png.226854

(Stole the graphic from @bonnie's Off Topic Thread: Total Solar Eclipse - Aug 21, 2017 )

I was only Tesla in Primm NV, the last 4 times I've been there in 5 months.

Though that was quite odd given it is a huge travel hub for ice vehicles doing stops.
I'm always surprised and delighted when I see another Tesla at a Supercharger. That is the norm, for there to be nobody else there, outside of California.