TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Leather Console Wrap

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by zyzz, Sep 27, 2019.

1. zyzz

zyzz Member

Has anyone wrapped their center console in leather? Possibly a padded leather?

2. Watts_Up

Watts_Up Active Member

#2 Watts_Up, Sep 27, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    May be you should look at some Porsche accessories to get some ideas, such as this Leather Dashboard option:

[​IMG]

3. XLR82XS

XLR82XS D M C

There is someone here that did the console in suede. I suggested the material/fabric from the door panels so it would match.
    If I was to apply suede to the center it would be the side trim - not the gloss black top.

4. PNWLeccy

PNWLeccy Member

I was looking for the same thing. I really like the matrix black from kenriko but thought leather might be a nice look.

I randomly came across this leather wrap that doesn't look half bad: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WMMVW4J/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A2LMJ2R55J79AB&psc=1

I'm honestly impressed with how it looks but haven't seen any reviews on here of anyone having used it. It looks like it's from Basenor who make a couple of other M3 accessories I've seen talked about here like mud flaps, noise reduction kits, etc. Has anyone had experience with this leather console wrap?

• Like x 1
  5. zyzz

zyzz Member

that basenor leather vinyl looks like a pretty good solution. I dropped my car off for a chrome delete and the guy offered a center console wrap for 100 so I had to do it. If I didnt, id go with the basenor leather wrap

6. momoz74

momoz74 Member

The Basenor Leather looked really nice.. I installed it last night and ended up ripping it out which was a bigger issue and probably will not try again with a new kit as it left significant glue and a mess.

I had to rip out because the doors just didn't shut well and would bind up. It made both phone and middle console hard to open. If I were to attempt it again, I would probably NOT wrap it around the front/back edges where two opening pieces meet. It is much much thicker than your traditional wrap kits.

hope that helps..

• Informative x 2
  7. PNWLeccy

PNWLeccy Member

This is really helpful. I had read about the stickiness of the glue and didn't love the idea of that but figured it might not matter if I loved it.

The slightly thicker "padded" feature had seemed appealing to me but not if it causes issues with using/ opening the doors, which I hadn't really noticed anyone mentioning in the reviews I read...

8. Icenks

Icenks Member

Reviving this thread. I found the leather wrap on amazon and just so by coincidence, there’s a thread here.
    Anyone tried this? The tutorial says to cut off the material on the rear gap of the lid. Anyone tried and how does it work out?