TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Leather? I want to use Swissvax cleaner

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by JasonShave, Sep 21, 2016.

1. JasonShave

JasonShave Member

I've heard rumors the leather in my 2016 (not a refresh) Model S is not 'real' leather. I'm looking to clean/treat the leather as I normally would using this product:

Swissvax leather cleaner

Anyone know if it's safe to use (i.e. real leather)??

2. Azhagan

Azhagan Member

The owners manual manual states that you can just use warm water and non-detergent soap to clean the lather. I don't think you need to use any leather cleaner.

3. typhune

typhune Member

For what it's worth, I use Lexol cleaner and conditioner. I have used it on all my leather cars, as well as my wife's GL450, which has Mercedes' pseudo-leather MBTex. Works perfect. If you're worried, tried it on the underside or front of the seat no one sees first.

4. u00mem9

u00mem9 Member

I am also using the Lexol. I have tried zaino, leathermasters (or something like that), and meguires, and lexol was best. I should note that I initially used some lexol wipes and struggled with a sticky feeling for a few days after, but the spray bottle applied by cloth is very good and not greasy at all.

• Like x 1