Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leather options - Environmental / Ethical

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reading this thread and some of the great points from many of the vegetarians and vegans coupled with all the known health benefits of staying away from meat (health wise I'm not so sure about where fish fits in) I should definately be a vegetarian. However, I'm not. But I have cut down on my meat eating a lot. So I like to approach this from a very pragmatic stand point: If I eat less meat I contribute less to killing (murder?) of animals which is better than keep eating as much meat as before. Also, I'm in the camp of "wanting to have the cake and eating it too" where to solution I envision, in the coming Age of Abundance, is that we develop technologies to grow meat artificially that is impossible to distinguish from "real" meat when it comes to texture, taste, look etc.

Good points. I agree with the vegetarians and vegans too but I haven't given up meat entirely myself. However, whenever I do eat meat it's only organic, free range. Being on the west coast of BC we eat a fair amount of Sockeye Salmon, especially this time of the year when they are in season. They are high in Omega 3 - the good fat.

Am in the same boat as Johan.

Hope something like this becomes commercially viable:

BBC News - Worlds first lab-grown burger is eaten in London

I don't think I could bring myself to eating something made in a lab from cells of an animal. I guess that's ironic because I don't really have a problem eating the flesh of an animal, and when you think about it, it is probably more objectionable than a lab made product. We eat a lot of fake meat products made with vegetables and bean products. My kids never knew what a "real" hot dog was until they got to school (having only eaten veggie dogs) and none have them has ever eaten a McDonald's hamburger.

....moved over to Snippiness

OMG, there's really as snippiness thread? I've heard people reference it but I always thought it was like a standing joke. Wow, I have 118 pages of snippiness to go catch up on -- this ought to be interesting!

Edit: Okay, I get why some of that stuff got moved to that thread. Just reading some of those posts made me wish I could reach through the screen and throttle some people!

Last edited:
None - our custom racing seats are either made of carbon fiber or aluminum. No dead animals in any race cars I have seen!

Race car driver and environmental activist? Seems to be an inherent contradiction but I guess not...

She's racing to save the environment - CNN.com

The sport of car racing never appealed to me, mainly because of environmental concerns, but I applaud you for working from within to change people's perspective. Nothing is black and white in this world but one thing is for certain to me: the more people like you in this world, the better off we all are.