Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leave AC on without app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a way to leave the car locked, with the AC on, without using the app? I ask because I will be in an area where there is no 3G signal and I'd like to leave the dog in the car while I hike.

Neutral + Parking break + Doors locked remotely via key? Someone can break the Window and take your car for a joy-ride though... if they know it's on. Maybe throw a blanket over the console.

On the 30 mins thing, you can always create an app controlled by something like Azure or AWS to periodically (3 mins?) monitor the A/C and turn it back on if it got turned off, then create a web site frontend for it to control from the car's browser. You can also send an SMS to yourself if it can't control/contact the car for some reason.

If Tesla doesn't come up with something that gives more flexible control soon, I'll create such a web service myself. Not quite inspired to do that yet, as my dog is still young and is likely to chew on the interior if we leave him alone in the car...

I'm also hoping that Tesla will have 3rd party API access directly to the console within a year or two, which would allow a more reliably system than a web service.

The beautiful thing about this problem and the Model S is that it can all be solved in software if enough people want it and/or Tesla decides to do it. I think a 'start AC at X time and run for 1 hour' or something would be a nice feature you could to as you exit the car.