Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leave my 3 stock or be a little different?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The first photo below is my car. The second photo is what I'm considering doing to my car and that is: The mirrors and the bar that runs over the windows from the front to the back of the car in gloss black vinyl

Originally, I was going for a 100% color change but changed my mind because I like the white. So, this my next thought.

What's your thought? Leave it stock or try and be a little different?

tesla1.jpg

tesla2.jpg

Many people around here think the pillar delete look makes the Model 3 look like a Camry. Having seen one in person recently- I had the same thought at first too. Its not "bad" or something in an awful way, but it doesn't suit the car IMO.

If you really wanted to do something "different" that isn't ultra common and sold as a vinyl kit on every aftermarket Tesla parts store, then maybe changing the wheels, a full body wrap, etc would be more interesting to you, even though you like the white?

Many people around here think the pillar delete look makes the Model 3 look like a Camry. Having seen one in person recently- I had the same thought at first too. Its not "bad" or something in an awful way, but it doesn't suit the car IMO.

If you really wanted to do something "different" that isn't ultra common and sold as a vinyl kit on every aftermarket Tesla parts store, then maybe changing the wheels, a full body wrap, etc would be more interesting to you, even though you like the white?

You could be right.

For a long time, I was going to do a full wrap using Dragon Fire from 3M. Cost was going to be $4200, seven days in the shop, $400 for a car rental and an hour each way to get to the store. Started sounding a little costly both in $$$ and time.

Maybe I'll rethink.

I understand that you are worried about the warranty, but I agree with what someone said previously. Coils are the best thing you can do, and I have done just about everything to my car because just like you, I wanted to be different from the rest of the Model 3s out there, which there are pretty common nowadays.

The pillar delete is pretty common tbh, and personally, I am not a fan, doesn't really go with the lines IMO. But if you like it, that is really all that matters.

The wrap is cool, but it is really expensive.

What is great about the Model 3 is that aftermarket support is very strong, therefore there are tons of options to pick from, just remember, you paid +$60k, please do not rice it out.

I understand that you are worried about the warranty, but I agree with what someone said previously. Coils are the best thing you can do, and I have done just about everything to my car because just like you, I wanted to be different from the rest of the Model 3s out there, which there are pretty common nowadays.

The pillar delete is pretty common tbh, and personally, I am not a fan, doesn't really go with the lines IMO. But if you like it, that is really all that matters.

The wrap is cool, but it is really expensive.

What is great about the Model 3 is that aftermarket support is very strong, therefore there are tons of options to pick from, just remember, you paid +$60k, please do not rice it out.
I did some simple/cheap mods to give my M3 more of a unique look. I think I got from evannex but I got the carbon fiber “stickers” for some of the interior. On the outside, I got carbon fiber for front camera trim and all four door handles. It was easy and just enough to “differentiate” from every other white M3. That and 50% window tint coming in three weeks.
Works….for me.

I did most of my stuff on interior. Plus acceleration upgrade, Swivel screen (wife loves that), magnetic phone mount behind steering wheel, more soundproofing under floor mats, a little panel with usb connectors that sits on back of front console ( looks stock), headrest cushion - have the 19 " wheels, put on red calipers, red lug nut covers, and red rim savers ( rim savers were best thing, saved me a fortune, they were ripped off on front and back curb hit at speed, but no wheel damage), gloss black spoiler, red tesla emblems front and back. vinyl black out on taillight center, Red Tesla lettering over brake light. Wanted to break up the all white, worked out fine, lots of compliments. And because I'm a helicopter pilot, a small, solar powered, helo with scent inside, dispersed by turning rotors on dash.

Reactions: phaheem
I THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR INPUT

I didn't realize there was a name for what I've been considering, Pillar Delete.

I found I could buy a kit for $89 or have a company do it for me, around $750-$900. With the name, Pillar Delete, I discovered a ton of people on YouTube installing it.

My wife just told me she likes the 3 as it is.

So, with her input with a lot of you, I'm not going to do it. (Until another bug hits me later on)

I've also collected a lot of ideas from posters on this thread, thanks

I did most of my stuff on interior. Plus acceleration upgrade, Swivel screen (wife loves that), magnetic phone mount behind steering wheel, more soundproofing under floor mats, a little panel with usb connectors that sits on back of front console ( looks stock), headrest cushion - have the 19 " wheels, put on red calipers, red lug nut covers, and red rim savers ( rim savers were best thing, saved me a fortune, they were ripped off on front and back curb hit at speed, but no wheel damage), gloss black spoiler, red tesla emblems front and back. vinyl black out on taillight center, Red Tesla lettering over brake light. Wanted to break up the all white, worked out fine, lots of compliments. And because I'm a helicopter pilot, a small, solar powered, helo with scent inside, dispersed by turning rotors on dash.
Post some pics of what you’ve done to your car - sounds interesting