Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leave my old car at Tesla store for a few days when taking delivery of new Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trying to figure out transportation to pick up my new car on Friday. The Tesla store is about 100 miles away. Of all the ways to get there and drive my new car back, my best option for a number of reasons would be to leave my old car there for a day or two.

I can't image they'd have a problem with this, for just a couple of days. If it got to be a week or more I'd understand. But it might be a day or two before I'd come back for it.

Anyone know if there's any official policy or anything that might kill this idea?

Edit to add: my current / soon to be old car is a 2014 Honda Accord that is in really good shape, so it wouldn't be an eyesore.

Trying to figure out transportation to pick up my new car on Friday. The Tesla store is about 100 miles away. Of all the ways to get there and drive my new car back, my best option for a number of reasons would be to leave my old car there for a day or two.

I can't image they'd have a problem with this, for just a couple of days. If it got to be a week or more I'd understand. But it might be a day or two before I'd come back for it.

Anyone know if there's any official policy or anything that might kill this idea?

Edit to add: my current / soon to be old car is a 2014 Honda Accord that is in really good shape, so it wouldn't be an eyesore.
Call your SA

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Yeah, I thought of that. Thinking it might be one of those things where if you don't bring it up it's acceptable for them to "look the other way", but if you bring it up they're required by corporate to shut down the idea.

That's an interesting idea. Not sure there are any lots like that nearby as the Tesla store is out in the suburbs. Plus if I had a second driver available I'd probably not need to do this. I could take a quick Uber to some nearby parking area.