Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Leave Tesla Alone." Road & Track publishes in-depth defense.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If Apple have been poaching some of Tesla technical staff, then Tesla need to poach their marketing staff (and a few of their lawyers too).

Apple is the best marketed company in the world by an order of magnitude that just happens to sell nice product.

Tesla would do well to emulate this.

Reactions: T Dawg
If Apple have been poaching some of Tesla technical staff, then Tesla need to poach their marketing staff (and a few of their lawyers too).

Apple is the best marketed company in the world by an order of magnitude that just happens to sell nice product.

Tesla would do well to emulate this.

I think Detroit tried that. Works ok for a while and then people catch on that your product is not so hot. Then things tend to go south.

except that Telsa have a hot high-tech product, Detroit ...

I guess those hot high-tech products have been doing ok selling themselves (for example, 373,000 Model 3 reservations with essentially no marketing or advertising) so they don't seem to have invested much in traditional marketing/advertising. I expect that will change at some point, but maybe not any time soon.

Great article - made me actually lol several times!

I have thought it odd that something as groundbreaking and world-changing as proof of concept of an EV that handles travel as well as around-town driving should not get more recognition.

Then again, we live in a society where a celebrity like Lindsay Lohan's foibles get orders of magnitude more media coverage than the discovery of the Higgs boson. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Magus and MrLunch