Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leaving 110 Charger Plugged In

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have a freezer that is plugged into the 110v outlet, and I keep a nightlight plugged into the other outlet of the receptacle so I can see at a glance that the circuit has not tripped. No, the freezer doesn't have a light to indicate it's running.

So. The Tesla charger will only plug into the bottom outlet of the receptacle and the nightlight will not fully seat into the bottom outlet because of the freezer plug in the top outlet. If I plug the freezer into the bottom outlet, the nightlight will fit right into the top one, but the Tesla plug will not. I've just been switching them out when I want to charge overnight, but sometimes that interrupts the freezer if it is running, and freezers don't like being unplugged and plugged right back when they're running.

Can I just eliminate the nightlight and leave the Tesla charger plugged in all the time and use its light as the indicator that the circuit has not tripped?

• Funny
Reactions: lUtriaNt
No issue leaving it plugged in. And the start up surge of the freezer is so short of a transient load you may not have a breaker trip, give it a try and test it so you don't end up with a dead car and freezer melting in the morning.

Here's your night light solution. I use them in my homes.
lite.jpg