Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leaving Model 3 Parked for 3 months

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I too have this dilemma. I live in Australia but spend half the year in France. I will leave my French Model 3 in the garage over winter but plugging in for that long does worry me a bit.
Is there a fire risk with the charger being connected full time?
I have both 3-phase and mono-phase (240) power in the garage, with the wall adaptor running from the 3-phase.
Perhaps running the domestic charge connector to the car rather than the wall charger might be safer.
Our area is prone to a lot of blackouts. Will the app tell me if the charger has stopped working?

I too have this dilemma. I live in Australia but spend half the year in France. I will leave my French Model 3 in the garage over winter but plugging in for that long does worry me a bit.
I have both 3-phase and mono-phase (240) power in the garage, with the wall adaptor running from the 3-phase.
Perhaps running the domestic charge connector to the car rather than the wall charger might be safer.
Our area is prone to a lot of blackouts. Will the app tell me if the charger has stopped working?
No worries. Just leave it plugged and you will be fine!

If it sits for long periods of time, I would just go with a Level 1 charge, instead of a Level 2, but maybe someone else can chime in if it will really make a difference!

Yes, your app should tell you if it stopped charging for some reason!

I have read that Australia has a lot of power issues and that is why most people are trying to go with solar and something like the Tesla Powerwall!