Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leaving new M3P in garage while on cruise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going on a cruise in April and wont be getting our new M3P until the 17th! (Ordered in January). Without owning for a while curious opinions on letting the car sit in the parking garage for 7 days not plugged in. I know turning of the climate and sentry mode would be a must and not checking the app all the time. Would charge it up before we park of course. I have looked on plug share and doesn’t look like any chargers in the parking garages in Port Canaveral. Any tips appreciated!

I went on a cruise in December. Drove my wife’s car there instead of the 3 because I wasn’t comfortable keeping it in a public garage for a whole week. I’m sure it would have been fine in terms of the battery, I just figured the 3 would be safer parked in my garage at home.

• Disagree
Reactions: kpeng and C141medic
On the car issue, we've left our cars for up to 3 weeks without sentry mode in airport parking lots. The loss was roughly a percent a day though it varied wildly from day to day. This is at LAX so no temperature extremes. I can't imagine a week being any problem if you start with a reasonable charge.

Reactions: MarkBrokeIt