Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leaving new M3P in garage while on cruise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are in our 30s not our 70s! Also the cruise is still 40 days away and can cancel without penalty. We will see what the state of the world is in a few weeks! Thank you for the replies!

Do you have grandparents or elderly parents that live near you? Do you have any family with underlying health conditions? Do you frequent large gatherings? Churches, raves, sporting events, _cruise ships_?

Slowing the spread of the disease helps to protect the vulnerable people around us.

The whole idea behind, "I'm 30 I'm fine" needs a readjustment at a societal level.

Not surprised to see this thread go off the rails with the mention of a cruise.

If it helps, I went on a 2 week trip in the winter (or as much as winter as we get here in San Diego) and left my LR RWD in a public garage at the airport. The battery lost 0.5% per day, stating at 70% and ending at 63%. Sentry was off and I only checked on it once on the shuttle ride back to the garage.

To bring it back to the OP's question, there should be no issues leaving it parked for a week, but it depends on how much charge you have when you park.

Port Canaveral seems to have limited charging options. The closest Superchargers to Port Canaveral are 40 miles to the west outside of Orlando and 65 miles to the north outside of Daytona Beach. I don't know where you're driving in from, but I'd definitely hit up one of those up on the way to the Port and charge it full, especially since you have no idea if you're going to get quarantined for another 2 weeks+ after your cruise.

PlugShare shows that the City of Cape Canaveral has number of free level 2 chargers nearby if you can't get back to a Supercharger. Maybe top it off before parking for the trip if you have time. Make sure to have your J-1772 adapter and test it out beforehand. Good luck.

cruises are just not a good idea right now. you could get stuck there, and when its time to clear everyone out, you also put the port city at risk and everyone who has to come in and risk their health.

can't we just put a hold on certain things, now, until it all gets better understood and cools off, a little?

the more we self-isolate - the better it is for everyone. I know its a hard message to take, but its what we need to consider, right now. this is a very unique time and has 'new rules'.

9 Superchargers on this map and the rest all CHAdeMO Chargers, plenty to charge before dropping it off.

5359C787-55B8-4652-A0EF-AC38AD6C69EC.jpeg

Wow how the world has changed since the OP made this post just a March 7, just over 2 weeks ago!

Everything is getting locked down now because so many people had the same attitude of the OP that they are young, so what's the big deal, right? Well, now we know what the big deal is!
I think the OP cruise is probably canceled by now, it will be at sea, 21+ days...most government not allowing ships to visit and as far as the Florida spring breakers, lots of them are now sick with the virus.

Fred