Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leaving phone in car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Has anyone got a good system to get a warning when you leave your phone in the car?
It has happened a few times now to me that I would put my phone on the charger pad (new 2021 model 3) but then forget it there and got out.
Hours later when trying to use my phone I would recognise that my phone isn’t in my pocket. During that time the car would have been unlocked with an iPhone in there that acts as a key to drive the car.

You get so used to the car locking itself that you don’t check after a while. The Apple Watch should warn when it loses contact to the iPhone but unfortunately it doesn’t do that. I’ve tried one app that is supposed to do that a while ago but I was getting far too many ‘false positives’ that I’ve deleted the app again.

Don't have a wallet or a fancy watch. When everything is done with the phone - including checking the time and paying - you wont forget.

Same here. I really don’t need to carry a wallet or keys.

...but, I still carry my wallet for:
Extra credit cards (in case of a glitch with my “primary plastic” in my iPhone case)
Rare need for cash
Business Cards
ID on my body, should I get separated from my phone... especially in an emergency.

and... Tesla key card, in case my phone isn’t recognized.

Most days, I never use my wallet at all.

Same here. I really don’t need to carry a wallet or keys.

...but, I still carry my wallet for:
Extra credit cards (in case of a glitch with my “primary plastic” in my iPhone case)
Rare need for cash
Business Cards
ID on my body, should I get separated from my phone... especially in an emergency.

and... Tesla key card, in case my phone isn’t recognized.

Most days, I never use my wallet at all.
Me too. Don’t need the wallet but always take the Tesla key card ...just in case!

Newbie question....Is it possible to put the card key wrapped in aluminum somewhere under the car so you could get to in the car an emergency ? Sort of like hiding a spare key. If you take it in the mountains and want a back up ?

Yes, you could stash key card ... no need to wrap it in foil as it only works when in contact with the A-Pillar and centre console.

Reactions: skiwhmts