Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leaving Tesla in a body shop. Battery question

viper2ko

Aug 30, 2017
USA
My tesla got rear ended and im taking it to Karosserie in PA to have repaired. They said expect over a month to be without it. I should be able to arrive there with about 40% battery. Will I need to do anything in particular in the settings or let them know about charging the car periodically?

fasteddie7

Aug 12, 2016
uniontown PA
Dont bet on it. Tesla told me dont leave over week if not fuuly charged. Make sure they plug it in.
It’s crazy how different folks have such radically different experiences. When mine was in the shop for a bumper whack, Tesla called me consistently when each part shipped, and to keep me posted each step of the way, also ensuring I left the shop with 90%.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC