Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leaving the dog

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NEW OWNER ..We have a LARGE dog (110 lbs) who loves riding in the car. He simply sits in the back seat looking out the open window. In our other car (audi Q5) if I leave him in the back seat, window down a little and lock it to go into a store he invariably sets off the alarm when he moves around.

What is the best way to do this with the Model Y??

Will he set off alarm if we leave it in dog mode? Can I leave the window down a little in dog mode??

If we put on sentry mode won't he then set off the alarm if he moves from side to side?

Thanks in advance for any help.

never had an issue with any of the above things you mention. No setting off alarm. Just me, but I don't leave the window down at any amount as it encourages my down to react to more outside issues and putting his nose up at the top of the window. The AC/heat doesn't escape either.

You can disable the alarm. When you set Dog Mode the vehicle will lock after you exit. If you set the windows to not always close when the Tesla is locked then you should be able to leave a window cracked open.