Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leaving Vehicle On

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question: How can you (driver) exit the vehicle while leaving the display on for the passenger? Usually when you exit and shut the door all of the displays go black. Any suggestions? This would come in handy when running in somewhere while leaving a passenger sitting in the car.

Question: How can you (driver) exit the vehicle while leaving the display on for the passenger? Usually when you exit and shut the door all of the displays go black. Any suggestions? This would come in handy when running in somewhere while leaving a passenger sitting in the car.

If you left your key fob in the vehicle, the vehicle would stay on.

This is in the FAQ:5.4 Can I leave my car on while I'm not in it?
If you need to leave your car on while you're not inside the car (assuming you understand the risk of leaving your car 'running' while not attended), you can do this by putting the car in neutral then setting the parking brake via the center console.