Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

leaving your car at the shop....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
whether it's getting PPF or the car at the shop for service, do you check on your car to see what the status is on the app? I'm having my car fully wrapped and I'm getting notifications that the doors are open.

Installer said it has to remain open in order for the ppf to dry on the edges. I see it also being charged and what not, not sure why they don't just turn the car off and keep the key fob in a drawer so the car "shut's down".

I would recommend that you disable anything and everything that you can when leaving your S at any shop. Mine was at the tint shop for an afternoon. The next day I checked my driving score and saw where I had a Forward Collision Warning, Hard Braking, and Unsafe Following events during the times that they had my car. Furious, yes. I've since clawed my way back to a 99 but that's probably all I can do without driving a zillion more miles.

I had my car at a non-Tesla shop getting new tires recently and I made sure that Sentry was turned off, of course, But in the process of driving it into the repair bay the employee somehow reengaged it. (Probably by touching the 'eye" icon on the screen.) Now I have two hours of footage of me getting new tires and alignment.