Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lectron CCS Charger Adapter for Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like a clone of the real Tesla adapter. If it's built well (that's a very big if), should be a good option. Though there's some weirdness of the specs. The picture claims a 120 kWh charge rate, the description claims 150 kWh. And that's not even getting to the fact that kWh is a unit for energy, not a rate.

Reactions: moa999
Anyone seen or had any experience with this? (Says ships in late October)

I created this Thread to try to make sense of all the "new" adapters suddenly appearing. The new Lectron adapter is one of several Tesla-like or Tesla-clone adapters that are coming sooner or later. Only the Hansshow and TeslaPlus websites admit openly that they are "third-party" (not Tesla OEM) adapters. Their eventual quality and similarity to the genuine Tesla-Korea CCS1 adapter remains to be seen.

I just tested my tesla adapter tonight at 25% Soc. Got 130kw at a 150kw EA charger. I’ll go back in a few days and test my A2Z adapter but everything so far points to them being very, very close 2019 M3 with ECU gen 4 swap plus bundle of wires.

lol. No. I should. I have just about made it a 2022 adding on bits and pieces over the last year ;). I’m ready to do the performance brake swap now I just got the rear pads and cables. That took about 4 weeks. Seriously considering a 2022 console next. Finishing up the 2022 rear brake/amber turn indicators this weekend. Got the main lights but I needed connectors for a DIY cable adapter for the inners. The CCS upgrade has been flawless. I toyed with a heated wheel but I only need it like two days a year

• Informative
Reactions: tps5352
lol. No. I should. I have just about made it a 2022 adding on bits and pieces over the last year ;). I’m ready to do the performance brake swap now I just got the rear pads and cables. That took about 4 weeks. Seriously considering a 2022 console next. Finishing up the 2022 rear brake/amber turn indicators this weekend. Got the main lights but I needed connectors for a DIY cable adapter for the inners. The CCS upgrade has been flawless. I toyed with a heated wheel but I only need it like two days a year
I heard you say that on the podcast which got me interested in what you have done. My M3 is also a 2019. Ive looked at the console also and seen as it seems a somewhat easy switch ive been considering it. The heated steering wheel is something id like to add as I live in the mountains here in socal. Would love to know more about what and how you have done things. Wouldnt mind upgrading mine either, lol

do you have a post of everything you have done to your 2019 m3?

Interesting. So I guess this falls into the timeless category of whether to update an older vehicle or just to sell the original and buy a new one. People have probably been wrestling with this quandary since before horse and buggy days (e.g., with chariots or the original "wheel"). One new wrinkle, I suppose, is that electric cars eliminate the dirty/messy ICE. And (Tesla) electric motor performance is so much better (than in, like, 90% of ICE vehicles), it may eliminate the need and expense of wanting acceleration improvements for many (but not all) drivers. With the expense and trouble of petroleum-fueled engine modifications removed from the equation, electric cars may seem to be so much more ripe (appropriate/attractive) for updating.

Whether in truth or just in appearance, there may arguably be less planned obsolescence (compared to, say, in Detroit's heyday of the '50s and '60s) with today's electric cars.* Also, these days high tech changes come seemingly so much more quickly; and prices (and delivery delays) are so much higher. The temptation to update an existing, already paid-for, already in-hand vehicle can be powerful. My car is relatively new, but I already ponder someday replacing the battery pack if a new, significantly longer-range battery were to come on the market. However, would I want to do that (as opposed to just getting a new car with presumably a bunch of new features and abilities)?

So I am interested in your decision-making frame of mind. Some of my (perhaps semi-rhetorical; perhaps overly nosy) questions include:
  • Did you start out with a long-term plan, or did this updating of the whole car just sort of happen--accidentally, as it were--one step at a time?
  • Are you receiving support from loved ones (or perhaps criticism and derision)?
  • Have you run some sort of (basic) cost-benefit analysis? (I.e., do you think you will save money, compared with selling your older car and buying a new one? Or is this a "labor of love;" costs be damned?)
  • How important, to you, have been the "fun-factor," and the satisfaction of performing the work and experiencing improvements to your older car?
  • Is this now a question of, "in for a penny; in for a pound?" In other words, are you so invested that you cannot easily stop? If you could magically transport yourself back to the time before you started modifications, would you begin the update-modification process all over again?
  • What advice would you give to someone just starting (with an "older" vehicle)?
  • What, if anything, do you plan to do about improving range and/or performance?
_____
* Is that really true? It is certainly open to debate. Is Tesla consciously designing its cars so that customers will need to or want to buy up after a certain number of years? So as not to seem naive, I must assume so. One big-ticket item that definitely does go out-of-date is the battery pack, I guess.

Last edited:
  • Did you start out with a long-term plan, or did this updating of the whole car just sort of happen--accidentally, as it were--one step at a time?
  • Are you receiving support from loved ones (or perhaps criticism and derision)?
lol.. my SO has gotten very used to walking out to the driveway and finding Tesla parts scattered all over :). She's generally supportive because most of what I do is low cost improvements. I'm not tracking the car for example so no new rims at 1K a piece or coilovers at 3K are being considered. I have a RWD partial premium that I got a reasonable deal on. Most of what I'm doing is enhancing the car to bring it up to parity with a newer M3. Simple mods by and large with the exception of the replacement of the entire braking system for the performance version. Thats a vanity project, not something is "needed".
I view Teslas as a "lego" car.. like my old snap together kits. Much of the cars are very easily interchangeable which makes upgrades fairly straightforward with a few exceptions. Some upgrades that are almost impossible to do are really stupid .. like adding in the factory subwoofer. Should be a bolt in and maybe a code update. Nope.. for whatever reason, Tesla changed the wiring harnesses completely. But They did leave in all the speakers so a 75 dollar cable got me all my speakers except the subwoofer. I can live with that. I got my foglights via Ingenext module plus my ambient lighting. Again, something Telsa had there but refused to offer a paid upgrade.
Cost benefit? are you kidding :D. If I had done that, I would have bought a M3 with the full premium and probably a dual motor.. maybe. I intentionally wanted the RWD because with my insurance, anything "performance" added a significant bill to my premium. The RWD is just a few hundred more than my Audi A3 and significantly faster than my A3.
I've spent about 1k on toys and additions like the CCS, audio cable update, tail lights etc. The brakes will boost that by 1500 all in. 4 calipers, new pads all the way around, rotors all the way around, dust shields, parking brake cables.. everything. And about 4 months of shopping on Ebay and here for parts. Patience is virtue for getting cheap parts.
My range is 215 miles fully 100% charged. to get 60 more miles of range would cost me 5-10K.. definitely not worth it. Even if I could swap the packs and get someone to code the pack to the car.
My Tesla is my daily driver and a bit of a toy. So everything I do is seen through those optics. Everything I've done is easily undone if I choose to. But I wont. Even the brakes could be undone but it's beyond me why someone would go from Brembos back to the non performance brakes. But after spending 300 for a set of sport brake pads for the rear, I might see why :eek:.. Those rear pads were almost impossible to find other than Tesla. I did find a few, very few after market but they were within 50 dollars of Tesla's price so I went OEM.
Would I do it again? sure. My M3 was 5K cheaper as a RWD short range vs the long range P version. Its cheap to insurance ( for a tesla) and I've never had an issue with the short legs. Is it as fast as the P? Nope.. is it faster than most ICE cars, oh yeah.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H and tps5352
lol.. my SO has gotten very used to walking out to the driveway and finding Tesla parts scattered all over :). She's generally supportive because most of what I do is low cost improvements. I'm not tracking the car for example so no new rims at 1K a piece or coilovers at 3K are being considered. I have a RWD partial premium that I got a reasonable deal on. Most of what I'm doing is enhancing the car to bring it up to parity with a newer M3. Simple mods by and large with the exception of the replacement of the entire braking system for the performance version. Thats a vanity project, not something is "needed".
I view Teslas as a "lego" car.. like my old snap together kits. Much of the cars are very easily interchangeable which makes upgrades fairly straightforward with a few exceptions. Some upgrades that are almost impossible to do are really stupid .. like adding in the factory subwoofer. Should be a bolt in and maybe a code update. Nope.. for whatever reason, Tesla changed the wiring harnesses completely. But They did leave in all the speakers so a 75 dollar cable got me all my speakers except the subwoofer. I can live with that. I got my foglights via Ingenext module plus my ambient lighting. Again, something Telsa had there but refused to offer a paid upgrade.
Cost benefit? are you kidding :D. If I had done that, I would have bought a M3 with the full premium and probably a dual motor.. maybe. I intentionally wanted the RWD because with my insurance, anything "performance" added a significant bill to my premium. The RWD is just a few hundred more than my Audi A3 and significantly faster than my A3.
I've spent about 1k on toys and additions like the CCS, audio cable update, tail lights etc. The brakes will boost that by 1500 all in. 4 calipers, new pads all the way around, rotors all the way around, dust shields, parking brake cables.. everything. And about 4 months of shopping on Ebay and here for parts. Patience is virtue for getting cheap parts.
My range is 215 miles fully 100% charged. to get 60 more miles of range would cost me 5-10K.. definitely not worth it. Even if I could swap the packs and get someone to code the pack to the car.
My Tesla is my daily driver and a bit of a toy. So everything I do is seen through those optics. Everything I've done is easily undone if I choose to. But I wont. Even the brakes could be undone but it's beyond me why someone would go from Brembos back to the non performance brakes. But after spending 300 for a set of sport brake pads for the rear, I might see why :eek:.. Those rear pads were almost impossible to find other than Tesla. I did find a few, very few after market but they were within 50 dollars of Tesla's price so I went OEM.
Would I do it again? sure. My M3 was 5K cheaper as a RWD short range vs the long range P version. Its cheap to insurance ( for a tesla) and I've never had an issue with the short legs. Is it as fast as the P? Nope.. is it faster than most ICE cars, oh yeah.
Now I have a M3 LR AWD. Some of the things you upgraded I already had, but there are others Id like to do. Is the best place to find things on ebay or have you had luck with Tesla service getting parts, or are there any particular places you can share that you recommend to get parts from. I do need the CCS upgrade module also. I would like to do the brake upgrade as well. I wanted to do the ingenext ghost upgrade but my motor was the wrong type sadly but Im considering one of the others. My SO has also not complained so far as the costs have been lower than what i woudl have done if i had gotten another 60s Mustang, lol

My SO has also not complained so far as the costs have been lower than what i woudl have done if i had gotten another 60s Mustang, lol
My last was based on a 327 with a Muncie rockcrusher and a Ford 9 inch with dana axels stuff into a 74 Vega.. Freaking beast :D. The Tesla is cheaper by far. I do a lot of lurking here with notifications set for tesla parts for sale. Got my Front calipers/shields/rotors that way when I was alerted in the middle of a dinner at my in-laws. I read what it was and bought it immediately and went back to my dinner :D. It can take a while for the wanted parts to show up. Ebay and I are good friends. I have found some wreaking yards that specialize in Teslas. And so far, no issues with over the counter sales at my local service center. I got my rear brake pads, parking cables and my 4th gen ECU for CCS that way. I plan to start a new thread in the next couple of days detailing the brake upgrade because there are a lot of details I couldnt find any one else's threads.
The Ingenext Bonus module is what I got for the foglights and ambient lighting primarily. Smart button folks say their next beta will have fog light controls on/off so I might spring for that That module is a real PIA to get in place because of where the connector needs to go.

My last was based on a 327 with a Muncie rockcrusher and a Ford 9 inch with dana axels stuff into a 74 Vega.. Freaking beast :D. The Tesla is cheaper by far. I do a lot of lurking here with notifications set for tesla parts for sale. Got my Front calipers/shields/rotors that way when I was alerted in the middle of a dinner at my in-laws. I read what it was and bought it immediately and went back to my dinner :D. It can take a while for the wanted parts to show up. Ebay and I are good friends. I have found some wreaking yards that specialize in Teslas. And so far, no issues with over the counter sales at my local service center. I got my rear brake pads, parking cables and my 4th gen ECU for CCS that way. I plan to start a new thread in the next couple of days detailing the brake upgrade because there are a lot of details I couldnt find any one else's threads.
The Ingenext Bonus module is what I got for the foglights and ambient lighting primarily. Smart button folks say their next beta will have fog light controls on/off so I might spring for that That module is a real PIA to get in place because of where the connector needs to go.
I bet that 74 Vega was fun to drive 😆 ill have to look around ebay and such for things. I look forward to the thread in regards to the brakes. Im not a fan of that work, actually prefer wiring over brakes ( dont ask, lol) A smart button for the fog lights would be helpful. I may try the 4th gen ECU for CCS now instead of waiting until next year for the retrofit. who knows when it will happen. Would be nice to have the option for CCS