Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LED Headlights Are A Must

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like to see LED lights with a real glass lens, like the ones from the past, so that when the car is three or four years old, you don't have to polish out the dirty yellow looking lenses in order to see the road.
That could be hazardous... A more durable solution would simply be better UV protection on any clear plastics (so you don't get any yellowing in the first place).

@JeffK I'm with you on that.

However, what I don't understand is that while high output replacement LED bulbs cost next to nothing these days, car manufacturers still manage to charge a premium for LED headlight options. Are we being ripped off?

@JeffK I'm with you on that.

However, what I don't understand is that while high output replacement LED bulbs cost next to nothing these days, car manufacturers still manage to charge a premium for LED headlight options. Are we being ripped off?
yes since they're still considered "premium". The LEDs are cheap and the electronics are cheap. For manufactures to charge an arm and a leg is just a scam... same thing for $3000 nav systems.

Now if they were to give us laser lights... :)

Reactions: Jayc
yes since they're still considered "premium". The LEDs are cheap and the electronics are cheap. For manufactures to charge an arm and a leg is just a scam... same thing for $3000 nav systems.

Now if they were to give us laser lights... :)
Forget laser lights, I want an actual laser so I can blast those slow @ss ICE's out of my way.

Reactions: JeffK