TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

led rear license plate light bulbs - No Longer Available

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by kort677, Dec 19, 2015.

1. kort677

kort677 Active Member

#1 kort677, Dec 19, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
    led rear license plate light bulbs

I took these off of my '14 model S upn delivery, as you can see by the comments below they will not work on my new 90d, I would like $20, and I'll mail them to you.

Please note: new Model S's appear to be shipping with non-replacable LED bulbs - if you have a newer VIN (90xxx and up) please verify that you still have the regular bulbs before ordering; you will see two small screws securing them.

These bulbs have been over a year in development, and differ from anything else you'll find on the internet. Specifically:

They feature genuine Cree LED components, designed for automotive use.
    They are sourced from Taiwan (not China), from a manufacturer that produces millions of LED bulbs for a major German automotive manufacturer
    They are the only bulb on the market with a polarity indicator to aid installation
    Each terminal is insulated (physically and electronically) to prevent any possible short
    They're an exact match for the dimensions of the Tesla OEM incandescent bulbs
    They're color (temperature) matched to the Tesla Model S foglights and internal LED lights
    The LEDs are contained in an aluminum case providing superior protection and heat dissipation compared to SMD (Surface Mount Diode) variants
    The LEDs are down-facing, casting the light where needed
    They carry an unconditional two year guarantee

List Date: 12/19/2015

For more info, click here to view the original listing: led rear license plate light bulbs
    --------------------------------------
    This item is no longer available.

browseformore.png
    --------------------------------------
    tesla-motors-club.gif
    22237156-aade-4cc4-bf4c-2c3196204b63.jpg

2. JPP

JPP Active Member

Are these the lamps that Pete developed at Abstract Ocean??

3. kort677

kort677 Active Member

that's where I bought them.

4. JPP

JPP Active Member

You are aware that Pete sells them new for $21.99?

5. kort677

kort677 Active Member

thanks for that info. what does he charge for shipping? my price includes getting them to you and LEDs do not have any wear issues, so mine are "like new".
    if you think my asking price is too high, just don't buy them.

6. JPP

JPP Active Member

...uuuh, I have 2 sets, 1 before Pete had a full new design (found an OK version on Amazon), and 1 of Pete's. All good....

7. kort677

kort677 Active Member

is there a point that you're trying to make? I have these bulbs that I no longer need or can use and I am trying to sell them, ok?