Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LED rear reflector turn signals

K_32

Jan 9, 2020
Elk grove
Last I read on a fb group was that all advertised features aren't 100% on US spec 3s as they were designed for the Asian/ European market.

Perscitus

Jan 29, 2019
New York
There are a few cars on here with these and/or position or position/marker/stop function wired up to the tailights under the rear bumper skin.

A few installs pre-date RPM and similar offering these, going back to when the kits first popped up on alibaba, aliexpress, ebay motors two years ago or so.

The poster-child and first installer was a white Model 3 with these and backlit T emblems. On here and on the other forum.

hydro 481

Sep 4, 2017
USA
It's on my list of to-dos. I've always liked those Audi style turn signals. Wish there was something similar for the headlights.

hydro 481

Sep 4, 2017
USA

Hi_Im_Mike

Dec 14, 2020
Vancouver B.C
Anyone seen or used theses? Looks like a fun mod for our car. They go from 50 to 200 dollars depending where you order them. Probably all coming from the same source.

Saw this and tried finding it on aliexpress and it’s not on there yet. Seems like this is a rpmtesla special. I’ll wait until they’re much cheaper, even at $100 I think it’s too much.

mrau

Authorized Driver
Nov 12, 2018
Mid-Michigan
I can't tell if the new lights are also a reflector when they are not powered on. I like this idea, but only if it still reflects when the car is parked.

hydro 481

Sep 4, 2017
USA
Saw this and tried finding it on aliexpress and it’s not on there yet. Seems like this is a rpmtesla special. I’ll wait until they’re much cheaper, even at $100 I think it’s too much.
Definitely not an RPM special. They get most of their stuff from Alibaba...

Reactions: BonnieD

SeanSethi81

Nov 15, 2020
Vancouver

SeanSethi81

Nov 15, 2020
Vancouver
Me too. LoL Mine coming early july. I'm not using RPM's DIY. Gonna follow Tesla DIY's instructions.

This guys video is way simpler than RPM. He just uses a pry tool and feeds the wire by hand. They drill a larger hole and use a fishing line. Feel like they over complicated it on purpose to sell their kit, but lets see how easy it is when I get mine in a couple weeks from Ali Express

Reactions: BonnieD

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC