Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LED rear reflector turn signals

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed in the video he unplugged the turn signal feature and had the brake lights on and it did the 3 hyper flash then stayed solid which is what it’s supposed to do but what happens if you plug in the turn signal plug and leaves the brake plug unplugged. Does the light stay on when your rear light stay on and function correctly as a turn signal? I just ordered these and think I would prefer it not do anything when I step on my brake. My Tesla brake lights comes on so often compare to my previous ICE car due to regen braking that it would probably annoy the drivers behind me.
If you unplug the red and black. That's the power source. The LED won't work at all.

I got mine from Aliexpress. It arrived couple days ago. I installed it this morning. It's easier if you remove the T25 torq screw on the wheel well and the 10mm bolt underneath the valance. This way you could drop the bumper without completely removing it and it gives you plenty of space to work on.

I connected all 4 wires. It turns On when Parking Lamp in On. It does turn Off if Parking Lamp in On and stepping on the brake. It's weird, it does one sequential flash when it turns off (pressing the brake) and it takes couple seconds to come back On. I like it and for $60 I think it's a good buy. Makes your car unique in the sea of Model 3.

Note: I connected the green and yellow wire incorrectly and the light only turns On when blinker/flasher is On. It blinks like the factory and doesn't do the dynamic flash. Maybe some of you like it this way.

• Informative
Reactions: phaheem and mrau
I installed them this week. They are BAD ASS!! Install was fairly easy, if you got balls to drill into your bumper hahah

C16C3259-66E2-46C4-84BF-1C4A15D245A0.jpeg
1BA2EA49-AEFC-4E16-BAFF-6D701F3A0AA3.jpeg

Reactions: mrau
Anybody find a good source for the Model Y version? RPM said the 3 and Y versions are different, even though their product page confusingly mentions both. I probably wont pay RPM prices but, if someone has found one off Aliexpress that fits the MY, I'd love to give it a try.

New to the forum here so I need to get some posts in to "establish" myself, I think. Anyway, installed the RPM Knight Rider turn signals and they look great. I did it with no drilling out of the old reflectors but with patience and proper plastic pry bars was able to get both old reflectors out without damage. Delivery from RPM took one week, which I thought was good considering I am in Southwest Florida. I will say this: the fish tape wire they include is essential to feed the wiring harness from the top down to that center hole (did drill out the center hole larger for running the wiring through). I am satisfied with all three modes of lighting as described in the RPM website for this product:

1. The LED's blink in a floating outward pattern when you use your turn signals.

2. When your headlights are on, the LED's stay illuminated and you gain 2 additional tail lights.

3. When you lift your foot off the accelerator the LED's blink once to alert vehicles behind you that you are slowing down, and then your normal brake lights illuminate.

Second lighting upgrade was to remove the amber only front parking lights with no amber euros with the fog light and DRL strip. Purchased a set from www.partslinkent.com, followed a couple of YouTube videos, spliced two wires and love the look. Can't control on/off from the screen but they stay on in Automatic or On mode.

Am very interested in activating the footwell and pocket lights and have seen some posts where this is done by tapping into the puddle lights. Any suggestions or pics or videos on this would be appreciated.

Thanks for letting me be part of this forum

• Informative
Reactions: phaheem and mrau
New to the forum here so I need to get some posts in to "establish" myself, I think. Anyway, installed the RPM Knight Rider turn signals and they look great. I did it with no drilling out of the old reflectors but with patience and proper plastic pry bars was able to get both old reflectors out without damage. Delivery from RPM took one week, which I thought was good considering I am in Southwest Florida. I will say this: the fish tape wire they include is essential to feed the wiring harness from the top down to that center hole (did drill out the center hole larger for running the wiring through). I am satisfied with all three modes of lighting as described in the RPM website for this product:

1. The LED's blink in a floating outward pattern when you use your turn signals.

2. When your headlights are on, the LED's stay illuminated and you gain 2 additional tail lights.

3. When you lift your foot off the accelerator the LED's blink once to alert vehicles behind you that you are slowing down, and then your normal brake lights illuminate.

Second lighting upgrade was to remove the amber only front parking lights with no amber euros with the fog light and DRL strip. Purchased a set from www.partslinkent.com, followed a couple of YouTube videos, spliced two wires and love the look. Can't control on/off from the screen but they stay on in Automatic or On mode.

Am very interested in activating the footwell and pocket lights and have seen some posts where this is done by tapping into the puddle lights. Any suggestions or pics or videos on this would be appreciated.

Thanks for letting me be part of this forum
What did you splice in the euro fog light mod? More info please, what year and model car?

Refreshed 2021 Model 3 SR+. I used these two videos to guide me on the whole process, including the splicing:

(8:10)

(1:03)

I used Posi-Taps for the splicing like in the second video. You only need to do this if you want the fog lights on. With no splicing, you will just have the DRL LED strip lit.

Hope this helps.

Just use the standard plastic trim removal tools. You will need at least two of them, starting at one corner, getting an edge out, keeping it open with one tool and working it slowly and gently with the other tool and it will pop out. Your real challenge will be fishing the harness down the from the top of the bumper to the center opening. I would check out RPM Tesla's install video as they include a fish wire with their kit and that really helped. I did not do the drilling like they proposed. Do also tape that connection and widen the center hole to pull it back through.

Mine came from AliExpress today - Install was pretty easy - I used some thin wire to fish from the bottom up, and I did enlarge large the middle hole but a little with a drill bit. I did not remove the bumper and I did not need to get my hand down there. I did remove the taillights and the 10MM bolt on the bumper to have some room to work. Overall I am real pleased with them, glad I did not pay the RPM tax (RPM wants $225 and these were $66 shipped for the same item).

As an added bonus I was able to transfer my Lamin-X smoked covers that have been installed for 4 months over - no problem - that stuff is awesome.