Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LED strip on phone dock lid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I attached this LED strip on the phone dock lid. It looks awesome from the front, but the LEDs point straight back to the back seats. Does anyone have an idea of something I could mount in front of the strip to shade the light from shooting straight back. Thinking of some plastic piece but don’t know where I could locate something as particular as that. Would really appreciate any help.

Attachments

• 7165E566-54BD-4F1A-A25D-DD206AB078DB.jpeg
    7165E566-54BD-4F1A-A25D-DD206AB078DB.jpeg
    426.6 KB · Views: 114
That's a pretty cool ambient lighting idea! Since I have one, I'd go the 3D printed route. If you don't then this is a good chance to rationalize getting one! :D

Otherwise you might try some rubber D or F channel weather stripping. It's a bit hard to guess where you'd put it based on that picture, so I'd recommend just going to the window/door sealing section of a Lowes or Home Depot and look around to see what might fit. Another idea might be some translucent or channelized acrylic/plastic board cut to fit the LEDs. Would give you more of a glowing strip without the spot lighting.

That's a pretty cool ambient lighting idea! Since I have one, I'd go the 3D printed route. If you don't then this is a good chance to rationalize getting one! :D

Otherwise you might try some rubber D or F channel weather stripping. It's a bit hard to guess where you'd put it based on that picture, so I'd recommend just going to the window/door sealing section of a Lowes or Home Depot and look around to see what might fit. Another idea might be some translucent or channelized acrylic/plastic board cut to fit the LEDs. Would give you more of a glowing strip without the spot lighting.

Thank you so much! Exactly what I was looking for!

Yes, this ambient lighting seems necessary and is awesome. I attached a picture of the light at night. It illuminates the charging dock and center console perfectly. Thanks again!

Attachments

• 064955DB-416A-425C-BF48-CAC76EB1E8F7.jpeg
    064955DB-416A-425C-BF48-CAC76EB1E8F7.jpeg
    343 KB · Views: 85