Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Left car at bodyshop this morning, unable to connect via app since 1pm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My model S had existing curb damage to the rocker panel when I purchased it in March. I dropped it off at a Tesla recommended body shop this morning for repairs and had been monitoring it using TeslaFi and the Tesla app. I was getting accurate data until 12:59pm but have been unable to connect to the car since. I wanted to ask if its possible for a body shop to disable data access while the car is in valet mode? This is not a Tesla dealership, but one they recommend on their website.
Thanks!

My model S had existing curb damage to the rocker panel when I purchased it in March. I dropped it off at a Tesla recommended body shop this morning for repairs and had been monitoring it using TeslaFi and the Tesla app. I was getting accurate data until 12:59pm but have been unable to connect to the car since. I wanted to ask if its possible for a body shop to disable data access while the car is in valet mode? This is not a Tesla dealership, but one they recommend on their website.
Thanks!

My body shop puts the car into service mode so the app can't connect but it usually says that on the app.

Tesla approved shops have access to Tesla tools, and the Tesla procedures have turning off remote access as one of the steps. (Too many people flashed lights, honked horns, opened the trunk, etc. when the car was out of their possession which can cause damage and/or injuries.)

Reactions: LN1_Casey