Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Left dash area now blank

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The left portion of my center display no longer shows what song is playing, it's just blank gray. The volume control does come up when I change volume and nav still display there so I know the display is not defective. Did Tesla stop showing song info or is this a setting I don't know about?

The left portion of my center display no longer shows what song is playing, it's just blank gray. The volume control does come up when I change volume and nav still display there so I know the display is not defective. Did Tesla stop showing song info or is this a setting I don't know about?

I just figured this out the other day. You can press and hold the right or left wheel button for a couple seconds and it will bring up a menu of what you want on that side of the display. You can move the media into to the right and energy info to the left if you want or just gray out the whole thing. I like having trip info on the right if I'm on a trip. Try that and you should be able to turn media back on for the left display.

From the manual:

To choose what displays on the left side of the instrument panel, press and hold the scroll wheel to display the available options. Then roll the scroll wheel to browse through the options. Tap the scroll wheel when the option you want is selected.