Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Left headlight stays on after software update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just updated software to 2022.12.3.16 and walked out to the garage afterwards and my left headlight is on. I tried turning off the lights, a soft reboot, and a hard reboot, and the light remains on. Any ideas? I guess I can try to navigate my way through Tesla's automated phone system, but I wanted to see if anybody had any ideas before I go down that rabbit hole.

I just updated software to 2022.12.3.16 and walked out to the garage afterwards and my left headlight is on. I tried turning off the lights, a soft reboot, and a hard reboot, and the light remains on. Any ideas? I guess I can try to navigate my way through Tesla's automated phone system, but I wanted to see if anybody had any ideas before I go down that rabbit hole.
What vintage Model S?

I had the same issue this morning. After the update my driver-side light was on and wouldn't shut off even if I turned lights of (from auto). I rebooted a couple times. I drove to work and rebooted again. The light hasn't shur off.
I also noticed my left blinker didn't make blink/click sound and didn't show on my IC as blinking, but I could see that it actually was blinking, but strangely fast.
And my car would no longer change lanes when on autopilot.
Bad update today. I hope it all fixes soon! Please LMK if anyone has any suggestions!

I had the same issue this morning. After the update my driver-side light was on and wouldn't shut off even if I turned lights of (from auto). I rebooted a couple times. I drove to work and rebooted again. The light hasn't shur off.
I also noticed my left blinker didn't make blink/click sound and didn't show on my IC as blinking, but I could see that it actually was blinking, but strangely fast.
Bad update today. I hope it all fixes soon! Please LMK if anyone has any suggestions!
Sounds suspiciously similar to some threads on Model S of similar vintage that turn out to be issues of faulty grounds. Specific are different, but the turn signal issue happened to me, but on the opposite side. I am awaiting my service appointment.

This could be a completely different issue, but just in case, check out this other thread: Ground Stud Nut over torqued

Sounds suspiciously similar to some threads on Model S of similar vintage that turn out to be issues of faulty grounds. Specific are different, but the turn signal issue happened to me, but on the opposite side. I am awaiting my service appointment.

This could be a completely different issue, but just in case, check out this other thread: Ground Stud Nut over torqued
Seems strange that so many experience this after update. Seems firmware, not hardware. Unless the new firmware exposed a hardware issue. I have same issue , 2017 model s p100d. Tried wheel change and soft reboot. Issue still there this morning.

Update last night and exactly same problem with my car. WTF ??

is it the headlight or DRL?

I had similar
IMG_0940.jpeg