Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Left outside?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car is at the SC but I got an alert for software update and to my surprise they have taken my car out of service so I can see it in the app however I just noticed it’s parked, outside and according to the app every door is open...

Could this be mis reported in the app? I guess they could still be working on it but I’d have thought they would be closed this time of night.
E76A4AD4-670A-4102-B015-B236AC5BBB15.jpeg

I don’t really want to touch it as the geo location could be wrong and if it’s in the workshop with bits all over the place I don’t want to damage anything.

It’s getting a new headliner and dashboard so I’m hoping it’s the location that’s wrong and it’s in the service bay but looking at the map I’m not too sure. :(

Reactions: Terry_B58
I reckon its indoors ... location is "last known GPS", assuming indoors cannot get GPS at all, but indoors still has Network.

Surprised they haven;t put it in Service Mode, you honking the horn whilst they are working on it is going to cause someone to hit their head ... at the very least.

My problem in the past has been their failure to take it out of service mode (despite the fact that when asked they said that never, ever, happens ... sigh). e.g. Car was transferred from service for some additional work elsewhere by someone who had no idea about service mode and I wanted to check on SOC to make sure the battery wasn't going to be a brick ...

They have had it 6 weeks been in service the whole time except now.

I’ve been getting charge notifications thankfully someone has been checking it as it never dropped before 50miles before it was plugged in by someone which is good I guess especially as it’s the body shop who’s had it all this time.

Hopefully get it back very soon :)

6 weeks been in service

This part is Tesla's Achilles heel. I no longer let them have my car until they have all parts in stock ... for service, in future, I am planning to ask "Figure out what you need, if its more than a day or two to get parts give me the car back and I'll reschedule when you receive the parts". My annual mileage on the car is low by virtue of a month or more each year when I didn't have the use of the car ... a loaner is one thing, but I prefer to have all my mileage records in TeslaFi and a car with all my preferences set up etc. etc. (Would be cool if Tesla could "import" settings from my car to a loaner ...)

Talking of which, I thought the new software feature of "If you navigate to a Supercharger, and battery is cold, car will prioritise warming battery en route so Supercharging speed is not reduced for cold-soaked battery" is one of those forehead-slapping bits of elegant engineering :) ... eat your heart out iPace and eTron :)