Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Left over 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for advice on a m3 purchase..

I was planning on waiting for discounts I anticipate will come due to MY being out and terrible economic situation, but I don’t want to turn this into a debate on that...

my SA told me there is a new 2019 available with the specs I want and no miles on it. Apparently wheels and rocker panel were damaged during delivery and were replaced.

It is discounted about $2900 (LR AWD)

Any reason to stay away from this? I was told Range is 310 v 322. I thought that was software not harware but apparently I was wrong. Other than that I believe 2019 has Dimming side mirrors still and frunk hooks still.

Any battery concern since it’s probably been sitting, or other things to look out for?

TIA

I was planning on waiting for discounts I anticipate will come due to MY being out and terrible economic situation, but I don’t want to turn this into a debate on that...

my SA told me there is a new 2019 available with the specs I want and no miles on it. Apparently wheels and rocker panel were damaged during delivery and were replaced.

TIA

Is this HW2.5 or HW3?

My friend got their's months before me and they got HW2.5 where I got HW3.

Personally it's not a huge discount. But money is money. But I also wouldn't buy it if it's HW2.5 at all.

I dunno...I personally wouldn't buy it for only a $2800 discount vs 2020 -- especially if the "rocker panel" had damage and required a repaint. Wait until you find a better deal than this IMO. There will be demo deals later in the year and who knows what brand new incentives may (or may not) exist. I'd wait...

Reactions: swaltner
I dunno...I personally wouldn't buy it for only a $2800 discount vs 2020 -- especially if the "rocker panel" had damage and required a repaint. Wait until you find a better deal than this IMO. There will be demo deals later in the year and who knows what brand new incentives may (or may not) exist. I'd wait...

Thanks. I have to wait for a reduction or take a demo model based on these prices. In my state an AWD LR comes in about $100-$200 over the limit (50k)for a $2500 state rebate. I refuse to lose out on the rebate over $100-$200 price difference.

Do you have state rebates in your area? Are they on new cars only? Are these discounted cars you're looking for considered new?

It was worth wild for me to order a new one. Discounted cars from Tesla either weren't much of any discount compared to new and / or weren't eligible for rebates.

Additionally the way Tesla was pricing the discounts could be misleading since it would be compared to the price when the car was new / configured and pricing might have changed since then on new cars.

When I compared what they were saying was a discount against a compared new config there was no or minimal difference.

Then there's if warranty is exactly the same or not compared to new config. I haven't checked in months but sometimes it seemed the difference was also getting a car with less warranty.

Do you have state rebates in your area? Are they on new cars only? Are these discounted cars you're looking for considered new?

It was worth wild for me to order a new one. Discounted cars from Tesla either weren't much of any discount compared to new and / or weren't eligible for rebates.

Additionally the way Tesla was pricing the discounts could be misleading since it would be compared to the price when the car was new / configured and pricing might have changed since then on new cars.

When I compared what they were saying was a discount against a compared new config there was no or minimal difference.

Then there's if warranty is exactly the same or not compared to new config. I haven't checked in months but sometimes it seemed the difference was also getting a car with less warranty.

Well this is sold as new so has new warranty. Yes I can get a rebate if selling price is under 50k (includes destinations/doc, doesn't include tax) on new cars only. So I can get a demo or discounted car as long as it is titled new.

Yes this one is discounted 1800, but it is 2800 less than a 2020 configured the same, because of the 2020 price increase.

Any reason to stay away from this? I was told Range is 310 v 322. I thought that was software not harware but apparently I was wrong. Other than that I believe 2019 has Dimming side mirrors still and frunk hooks still.

Any battery concern since it’s probably been sitting, or other things to look out for?

TIA
I almost picked up a 2019 with an Oct build date. The reason I didn't was the fact that taking 2-3k might be a decent deal but I would rather take a 2020 with several more miles. When you go to sell the M3 it will be a model year older than the 2020's. You may be saving a few bucks now but it will cost you a few at resale

I almost picked up a 2019 with an Oct build date. The reason I didn't was the fact that taking 2-3k might be a decent deal but I would rather take a 2020 with several more miles. When you go to sell the M3 it will be a model year older than the 2020's. You may be saving a few bucks now but it will cost you a few at resale

That was my thought as well my 2020 will have a better resale than a 2019. It just sounds newer to people since it's in the 20's. Like people think $19.99 is cheaper than $20.00. It's psychology. And yes extra model year could equate to the difference as well. Ther's also several not overly documented refinements in 2020 or 2019 since Tesla does improvements when they want instead of model year to model year.

The door seals for one are much better on my 2020 than my friends 2019.

a 19 may have dimming mirrors where a 20 may not.
a 19 may have homelink already in it and not require a service appt.
personally i dont think the discount is materially more than you could get on a demo without damage.

My early 20 (Dec 2019 mfr) does have AD mirrors. But I swapped for Euro AD mirrors for wider view. I don't have HL, would have to add it.

a 19 may have dimming mirrors where a 20 may not.
a 19 may have homelink already in it and not require a service appt.
personally i dont think the discount is materially more than you could get on a demo without damage.

The '19 demo I bought end of March (July 2019 build) somehow had Homelink on it, even though Tesla stopped including it end of May 2019. Regardless, I didn't get charged for it so I'm happy. So, good point on the homelink.

Also, I agree on the demo discount. Before I purchased the car I have, I had a reservation on a 2020 P3D+ demo with 162 miles on it for $3300 off.

If you can wait, the best time (historically) to buy a Tesla with showroom/demo discount is the last 2-3 weeks before quarter end. Now, the macro-circumstances are different now so who knows, but my guess is there will definitely be deals if you can wait until June and are okay with a demo.

Reactions: lUtriaNt and Pa5001

TIA

322 miles would be with 18” wheels. If it has 19” wheels 310 is about right.

The range difference is model year. The EPA testing came back with increased range for 2020 even though there was supposedly no change in hardware. SR+ went from 240 in 19 to 250 in 20, 310 to 322 for LR. Ranges are not adjusted for wheel/tire combinations, only battery size configurations.

Reactions: lUtriaNt