Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Left Rear Door will not open

Alexgd

Dec 10, 2018
Alexandria, VA
The left rear door will not open, although the handle moves and the window goes down when I move it. The door feels like it's stuck at the bottom; it moves slightly. Has anyone seen this before and have an easy solution, or do we need to make a service call?

AdamVIP

Mar 4, 2019
California
I had a bad module that stopped my door from working. Mine was a little different though. The rear driver door wouldn't do anything from either the inside or outside and then sometimes randomly would pop open. The window would act funny too. I have a video where pressing the window switch activates the door latch. Real weird stuff. When they finally fixed it I was told they swapped a drivers side control module. Its worked perfect ever since.

Alexgd

Dec 10, 2018
Alexandria, VA
Solved by Mobile Tesla guy, who said he had never seen this problem before. The inside door panel had somehow scooted back a fraction of an inch so it was caught by the gasket on the door frame. Mobile guy adjusted the door panel in just a few minutes, and all is again well.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC