Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Left Scroll Wheel No Longer Switches Between Radio Presets After Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I did notice this, yes. I don't normally listen to the Radio, but when Spotify was down earlier this week I turned on the radio just to get some music playing. Since I don't use it much I only had one "saved" station but when I pushed the left scroll wheel it changed to another music source instead of going to the next station. Again, I'm not super familiar with how the steering wheel buttons control the Radio in the Tesla but it did seem broken to me. 🤷‍♂️

I did a bit of testing with this and found out that if you have NO Radio favorites then toggling the left scroll button switches between radio stations. However, if you have any Radio stations saved then the left scroll button changes music sources away from Radio, not between favorites.

I'm almost positive this wasn't the way it worked when I first got the car back in 2020. I'm not sure when it changed but it seems to be broken in 2022.16.1.2.

Reactions: markc2
Almost every time they do a software update, I have to reset all of my favorites because the scroll buttons on the left side of my Model S steering wheel no longer scroll through the favorites. When I would reset the favorites it would work fine. After this most recent update a few days ago, the left scroll buttons don't appear to do anything.

Reactions: markc2