Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Left Scroll Wheel No Longer Switches Between Radio Presets After Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After the last software update, my left scroll wheel no longer switches between my radio presets. Instead, it switches the input to Spotify, and then just controls track up and down. The only way to switch between radio presets is to use the touch screen. I rebooted the screen to no avail.

Is anyone else seeing this?
I'm having the same issue. It's a safety hazard to take eyes off the road to change radio preset. I reported to Tesla weeks ago. They said it's a known issue and still haven't fixed it. WTF??

Nope. Still the same issue, but different. Left scroll buttons used to scroll through Favorites. Now, if i program favorites, it will do just that. But when the car shuts off and I come back to it, the scroll buttons just scroll through the stations in order - not the favorites. I'm using Sirius, but I don't think that matters.

Nope. Still the same issue, but different. Left scroll buttons used to scroll through Favorites. Now, if i program favorites, it will do just that. But when the car shuts off and I come back to it, the scroll buttons just scroll through the stations in order - not the favorites. I'm using Sirius, but I don't think that matters.

i noticed this too on my wife's car - mine works fine

i need to manually select/push one of the favorite channels, then i can scroll through using the left wheel through all the presets

if i just start thumb scrolling to the left/right, it'll just go to the next station

what model and what software version? this is the model Y forum but the Y doesn't have sirius unless you do the mod that we've been working on over in the model 3 forum...

Here's a bit of a better description of my issue - totally confounding why they would think this is okay. As mentioned above, a real safety issue. To choose a favorite and then the next favorite, I need to look at the screen to call up the Sirius menu, select favorites and then select my station, all the while hoping that the Tesla is paying attention to the road!

1. Create Favorites group w/, say, 10 stations.
  2. Select one of the stations.
  3. The context of the stations now changes from the Favorites category to the category of the current station.
  4. Scrolling to next now chooses the next station in the category I'm in, not of Favorites.

Seems like this was designed by someone w/o a driver's license.