Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Left side of car (door handles, windows, door lights) not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Weird issue happened today, all of a sudden, the driver door and rear left door handles did not auto present. Upon further investigation (by my wife), the windows on the left side of the car do not work. The windows on the right side of the car works, but only with the buttons on those doors, not from the drivers door window switches. Also the controls on the drivers door does not light up. Good thing the car is in my garage and I’m not stuck somewhere. The car itself seems to turn on, I can probably move it if I needed to. We tried doing a soft reset And calling the roadside assistance, but they weren’t able to resolve the issue.

Has anyone had or came across this issue before?

A used BCM is only $100-$150 on ebay, but no idea how much a new one is. It's probably only half an hour of labor to R&R the BCM which is good.
What’s a BCM do? Previous poster mentioned “driver side door control module”, which seems to go for around $50 or so on eBay.
Oh yes, mobile ranger isn’t coming, they’ve rescheduled my appointment to 9/27. The service for Tesla’s are terrible. Pretty much can’t use my car for > 2 weeks.

Tesla owes you $100 in credits for the last minute service appointment change. Seriously - ask and see what happens. Find Elon's recent tweet
Haha, I found the tweet. The appointment in the app originally said Monday, 9/12. They updated it yesterday, probably not entitled to $100. i just want the car to work. :(

Checked all the fuses in the panel, nothing blown. Seems like my 70D has a different panel from what I was able to find on the website. 1 larger panel under the cover, in the middle.

Attachments

• C170E60B-8894-4C79-BE78-5AD230894C43.jpeg
    C170E60B-8894-4C79-BE78-5AD230894C43.jpeg
    414 KB · Views: 331
What’s a BCM do? Previous poster mentioned “driver side door control module”, which seems to go for around $50 or so on eBay.
Oh yes, mobile ranger isn’t coming, they’ve rescheduled my appointment to 9/27. The service for Tesla’s are terrible. Pretty much can’t use my car for > 2 weeks.
I don’t remember the exact price I paid, but around $250 i think.

Reactions: Gizmo17
@Gizmo17 - Did you ever get this fixed? Do you know what the fix was? My car was parked for a week and when i go back the front and rear driver side doors are no longer working (door handles, mirror controls, window controls. The passenger side works fine. While the door control module makes sense, can a faulty driver's side door module affect the rear passenger side door/window?

@Gizmo17 - Did you ever get this fixed? Do you know what the fix was? My car was parked for a week and when i go back the front and rear driver side doors are no longer working (door handles, mirror controls, window controls. The passenger side works fine. While the door control module makes sense, can a faulty driver's side door module affect the rear passenger side door/window?

Same thing just happened to me. First the passenger window would not operate with the drivers side window switch (but it does operate with the passenger switch). So I changed the drivers side switch assembly. No change for the passenger window operation.

However, now the drivers side door handles do not present. Both front and back. I’m guessing something came loose or I didn’t reconnect the BCM properly. Weird that it affects both the front and rear drivers side doors.

Did you ever figure out your issue? Was it the BCM in the front drivers side door panel?

Same thing just happened to me. First the passenger window would not operate with the drivers side window switch (but it does operate with the passenger switch). So I changed the drivers side switch assembly. No change for the passenger window operation.

However, now the drivers side door handles do not present. Both front and back. I’m guessing something came loose or I didn’t reconnect the BCM properly. Weird that it affects both the front and rear drivers side doors.

Did you ever figure out your issue? Was it the BCM in the front drivers side door panel?
Just posting my update here for anyone else.

2014 Model S P85D, ~80,000 miles

-Passenger side window not operating from drivers side. Did operate from passenger window switch.
-Purchased a new Mercedes window switch off of Amazon. It is exactly the same style and I had read elsewhere that they were the same. Not sure if there is a difference, or I got a bad unit.
-After replacing with the Mercedes drivers side switch panel, the drivers side door handles stopped presenting properly. They would initially present, then quickly go back in, then not present at all. Passenger side doors worked just fine.
-Purchased a used Tesla drivers side switch panel on eBay (~$40). Replaced switch panel, and everything works like new. Handles present properly and passenger window works normally.

I guess maybe the Mercedes brand window switches aren't exactly the same, even though they are identical in appearance.

Maybe this? The driver door module controls driver and rear left