Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Left side of screen nearly useless?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not being combative, but I really have to ask: why? Why does this "taillight feedback" help?

For regen, (on M3) there's a big bar on the top left of the screen. And, for regen or TACC braking, why would looking down at a screen be worth more (safety wise) than actually looking at the cars in front of you? What is the screen telling you (and I mean "you" in the general sense, so don't take it personally) that is worth taking your eyes off the road or the cars in front of you?
There's no such thing as taillight feedback on red cars. The whole car is already red on screen, you aren't going to notice an extra seven red pixels.

But, the graphical rendering of my M3 amid other cars on the left side of the display is pretty much useless.
I found seeing surrounding cars with a quick,glance at the screen is very helpful when changing lane. If the lane I want to move over is not clear , the screen will show red cars on that lane. I do not need to look at the side mirror to check. The screen also show incoming cars on that lane. This left side of the screen is so valuable to me. I change lane with confidence with my M3, not with my other ICE cars that are 10+ years old.
Moreover, this part of the screen really help me parking my car in parallel with adjacent cars and also at proper distance. When backing out, it shows whether I am too close to adjacent cars when moving back and turning slightly. Don't know if others share my opinions on this part.

Last edited:
Reactions: dusty22