Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Legacy Model S with MCU v1 Software/Firmware Version Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like to use this thread for us shrinking number of Legacy / MCU v1 Tesla owners as a way to track what software/firmware they are currently on. Hopeful that by doing some crowd sourcing we can get an idea of what might be coming to our classic Tesla's.

To kick it off... I'm running 2022.8.10.5 on my '15 70D which was installed back on 9/6/22.

Any legacy owners out there with something newer?

Reactions: Stuberman
Forget it. The USB disconnect bug is STILL THERE. I guess when it stayed connected the night after I upgraded the software was itself just a glitch.

Tesla really needs to improve their regression testing and fix the bugs.

I have a 2018 D100 MS w/FSD Hardware and MCU1. Installed Software update 2022.8.10.6 on 11/5. Issue 1, 3 to 5 minutes to wake car. 2, I have a pin to start (You don't need the pin to start it) even though the keypad pops up. 3, A lag when shifting from reverse to first, so it shows the F but if you accelerate it will go backwards. 4, Sometimes it takes several attempts to let me in the car. ( Tesla, Elon, if you see this post please fix.)

I have a 2018 D100 MS w/FSD Hardware and MCU1. Installed Software update 2022.8.10.6 on 11/5. Issue 1, 3 to 5 minutes to wake car. 2, I have a pin to start (You don't need the pin to start it) even though the keypad pops up. 3, A lag when shifting from reverse to first, so it shows the F but if you accelerate it will go backwards. 4, Sometimes it takes several attempts to let me in the car. ( Tesla, Elon, if you see this post please fix.)
Same issues for me on 2022.8.10.6 - I hope a newer version is available soon the time to wake is annoying. Model X with MCU1 and FSD Computer

A little tangential, but this has to do with the limited software updates for MCU1 cars. Anyone considering a legal action for MCU1 cars not getting FSD activated? My car with MCU1 is over 5 years old, has FSD paid for, and still has no FSD. How long is too long to wait before it is reasonable to get a refund?

I just got 2022.8.10.8, and it included a release note that opt-in was available for FSD Beta, which of course I did. It indicates I'm in the queue, no other detail.

In the Tesla app, Safety Score now shows up. But it has a message that my vehicle is ineligible for FSD Beta. When I click on a more info link, it says my cameras need to be replaced. I just submitted a service request for that, we'll see how that goes.

Attachments

• FSD-opt-in.jpg
    FSD-opt-in.jpg
    502.8 KB · Views: 286
  • FSD-opt-in-release-note.jpg
    FSD-opt-in-release-note.jpg
    399.7 KB · Views: 111
  • safetyScore.png
    safetyScore.png
    102 KB · Views: 124
We're on 2022.8.10.8 on both MS 2015 (AP1) and MS 2017 (AP2.5)..... the release notes looked same as last release notes??

Side question :- is there still no way for us OG 2015 Model S crew with AP1 ( no side cameras ) to get an upgrade to the latest tech? Am I correct to think there is no plan from Tesla for us to be able to pay for the latest AP3 and have side cams fitted etc etc etc? Our 2015 MS has <30k miles and is kinda like new ... SentryMode and DashcamMode would be great...

We're on 2022.8.10.8 on both MS 2015 (AP1) and MS 2017 (AP2.5)..... the release notes looked same as last release notes??

Side question :- is there still no way for us OG 2015 Model S crew with AP1 ( no side cameras ) to get an upgrade to the latest tech? Am I correct to think there is no plan from Tesla for us to be able to pay for the latest AP3 and have side cams fitted etc etc etc? Our 2015 MS has <30k miles and is kinda like new ... SentryMode and DashcamMode would be great...
There was never a path for AP1 to AP2+. the physical hardware that supports the camera isn't present. the wiring harnesses and such. in order to install them, the car would basically have to be disassembled.

While i'm sure it is technically feasible, it is not economically prudent.