Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Legacy Model S with MCU v1 Software/Firmware Version Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I'm not sure either.
I have AP hardware, but not software.
They quoted me a price twice what an MCU2 upgrade would be just to turn on Highway AP! Not full AP, just highway. Basically adaptive cruise control. Ridiculous!
@ChooseFreedom FWIW... I really like the AP1 software and auto lane change when I signal. I can't imagine doing a long road trip without it. AP1 software when I purchased the car was $2500.

BTW.... what firmware you on now? Like some of us are you on 2022.8.10.12 yet?

Reactions: kavyboy
Finally something..just got 2022.8.10.12 downloading now. Painfully slowly but it’s working, about to install.

Still waiting for FSD beta. All the cameras were upgraded in January and this is the first update since them. Service center said the car has everything it needs and I just need to be patient lol.

So something that I thought was maybe my fault but doesn't seem to be...

I have reverse tilt set. Last couple versions or so, after reversing and going into drive, I noticed my left side view mirror was still pointing down. To fix, I've been moving my seat slightly and selecting restore to get the side view back up to normal.

Do I have something set wrong or is that a bug?

@ChooseFreedom FWIW... I really like the AP1 software and auto lane change when I signal. I can't imagine doing a long road trip without it. AP1 software when I purchased the car was $2500.

BTW.... what firmware you on now? Like some of us are you on 2022.8.10.12 yet?
Hey Rock, yeah I'm on 2022.8.10.12.

If I'm gonna spend ~$2K on anything voluntarily, it's going to be MCU2.
I just don't travel enough to make highway AP worth it to me. Even if $2500 got me full AP1, I doubt I'd do it.

Bumping this thread to let folks know that last Thursday I had 2022.8.16 pushed to me.

On Sunday had this charge curve (V2 stall sharing power at the start). After sharing of power was done the curve did what I've come to expect.

1691432785771.png

Reactions: Falcon73
2022.8.10.16 on my 2015 P90D S. I noticed since my car has a delay in responding to my keyfob and reacting to the charge door open command from any charger. It appears it won't recognize it until the car retracts the handles. I can move the fob around hit the brake and car just sais fob is not I aide the vehicle. Then once handles retract, it's all good. Yes..they are new batteries. I can also u lock the car with it from 30' away atleast.

2022.8.10.16 on my 2015 P90D S. I noticed since my car has a delay in responding to my keyfob and reacting to the charge door open command from any charger. It appears it won't recognize it until the car retracts the handles. I can move the fob around hit the brake and car just sais fob is not I aide the vehicle. Then once handles retract, it's all good. Yes..they are new batteries. I can also u lock the car with it from 30' away atleast.
I occasionally had the 'key not in the vehicle' message in my 2014 S. It did respond to the android app commands. I restarted the screens and it hasn't happened for a while.

Bumping this thread to let folks know that today I had 2022.8.17 pushed to me. It's installed and I'll be taking it on a road trip Friday. Not expecting any great changes as x.17 I believe is the recall for US Recall 24V-051 (text size).

Fun fact. It's been 7 months since any type of software update.