Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Legacy Model S with MCU v1 Software/Firmware Version Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have an appointment for tomorrow to upgrade the cameras 🙂 Mobile service. We'll see how it goes.
Okay, took the tech roughly an hour. I did a short drive afterwards to calibrate cameras and the autopilot functions came back online.

So far, the car still shows I'm in the FSD beta queue. My Tesla app has not shown the Safety Score for a couple weeks now.

Couple questions - Is there a way to check that the cameras were really upgraded, and any tips on maybe bumping my FSD beta request?

Is it safe for me to update my MCU1 S from 2022.8.10.5 to 2022.8.10.8?

I have a 2018 D100 MS w/FSD Hardware and MCU1. Installed Software update 2022.8.10.6 on 11/5. Issue 1, 3 to 5 minutes to wake car. 2, I have a pin to start (You don't need the pin to start it) even though the keypad pops up. 3, A lag when shifting from reverse to first, so it shows the F but if you accelerate it will go backwards. 4, Sometimes it takes several attempts to let me in the car. ( Tesla, Elon, if you see this post please fix.)

I'm always interested in the charging curve under various SW versions. Took a small in state road trip and there seems to be a small change when SOC is >60%.

Normally the formula that's I've used for my 70D is: SOC + Power = ~100

I noticed this time though that at higher SOC (ie >75%) I hit SOC + Power would float around 110 - 115.

Unfortunately, I had to rebuild my TeslaMate environment recently and lost a bunch of data so I cannot find a comparative charge (ie temps and v2 SC) at earlier SW versions, but if this is a slight improvement in charge speeds at higher SOC I'll take it! :)

V2 SC

1678371630671.png

1678372452007.png

V3 SC

1678372704200.png

1678372763160.png

Last edited:
@ChooseFreedom, @N3IC, @ukr_mike, et al checking in here....

Y'all still sporting 2022.8.10.11 like me?
Hey there,
I recently went to 8.10.12, looks like it was just minor bug fixes? I didn't notice a difference.

Still fine with MCU1. I'll upgrade at some point. But since they're still pushing periodic updates, I have to assume they'll continue to support MCU1.
If they decide not to in the future, I hope they give us a heads up and some time to upgrade the MCU2 before they stop supporting that as well, since we can't go to MCU3.

Hi @RockinWithKids yes, 2022.8.10.11 on both 2015 and 2017 MS in UK. Still lovin the OG 2015 tho despite lack of latest tech. i like "retro" !
I'll be taking the 70D on an 1800 mile road trip in about two weeks. Wife asks me "why not take the Y and save 3 hours"? Answer: I like how the S drives and the free electricity. :)

Hey there,
I recently went to 8.10.12, looks like it was just minor bug fixes? I didn't notice a difference.

Still fine with MCU1. I'll upgrade at some point. But since they're still pushing periodic updates, I have to assume they'll continue to support MCU1.
If they decide not to in the future, I hope they give us a heads up and some time to upgrade the MCU2 before they stop supporting that as well, since we can't go to MCU3.

Agree!

On TeslaFi it looks like some AP1 vehicles are moving past 2022.8.10.x. Near as I can tell there isn't a way to determine if those are MCU1 or MCU2. I know I'm dreaming, but I keep my fingers crossed that the next version we get would give a bit of a bump in sustained charging power.

1684521580272.png

Reactions: ukr_mike
I'll be taking the 70D on an 1800 mile road trip in about two weeks. Wife asks me "why not take the Y and save 3 hours"? Answer: I like how the S drives and the free electricity. :)

Agree!

On TeslaFi it looks like some AP1 vehicles are moving past 2022.8.10.x. Near as I can tell there isn't a way to determine if those are MCU1 or MCU2. I know I'm dreaming, but I keep my fingers crossed that the next version we get would give a bit of a bump in sustained charging power.

View attachment 939247
Yeah, I'm not sure either.
I have AP hardware, but not software.
They quoted me a price twice what an MCU2 upgrade would be just to turn on Highway AP! Not full AP, just highway. Basically adaptive cruise control. Ridiculous!

Reactions: RockinWithKids