Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Legacy Model S/X with camera upgrade got FSD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am getting my cameras upgraded from the service center next week. Just curious to see if anybody in the same boat ended up getting FSD beta.

I have a 2017 Model S.
Was your car delivered with HW 2.0 or with 2.5?

I’m particularly curious because mine was 2.5 (must’ve been an early batch since it was delivered 11/17). My understanding is that 2.5 doesn’t require camera replacements. I had HW 3 installed last Spring and I’m 99% they didn’t replace my cameras, but if your understanding is that 2.5 does require it then I may set up an appointment.

Appreciate any insight, whichever is the answer. Best of luck!

I’m particularly curious because mine was 2.5 (must’ve been an early batch since it was delivered 11/17). My understanding is that 2.5 doesn’t require camera replacements. I had HW 3 installed last Spring and I’m 99% they didn’t replace my cameras, but if your understanding is that 2.5 does require it then I may set up an appointment.

My 2017 Model S was also delivered in 11/17 with 2.5 and MCU 1. I had HW3 installed along with MCU 2 a while back and I have FSD beta. No change to the 2.5 cameras that were delivered with the car.

Mine is Jan 2017 model so I had hw2.0. I guess that why it required the

I have the HW2 so I guess that is why I need the camera upgrade. I’ll post results of what happens after the upgrade and if I get FSD beta

I am getting my cameras upgraded from the service center next week. Just curious to see if anybody in the same boat ended up getting FSD beta.

I have a 2017 Model S.
I also have a 2017 Model S. I got my cameras upgraded via mobile service about a month ago. I have a 99 safety score. But no FSD beta. I even got a software update this week to get 2021.44.30.2 but no FSD. I don’t think it’s going to happen.

Good god. Did they finally install it? The next appointment they scheduled for me Is Feb 4th but this time they mention they will do mobile servicing. I have a feeling they are scamming me again...
Yes. I was shocked when they DIDN’T cancel my appointment. I was waiting for the cancellation even the same day. But they installed the upgraded cameras on 12/30. My safety score has been either 98 or 99 from day 1. But still no sign of FSD beta for me.

Reactions: jimgardner99
Yes. I was shocked when they DIDN’T cancel my appointment. I was waiting for the cancellation even the same day. But they installed the upgraded cameras on 12/30. My safety score has been either 98 or 99 from day 1. But still no sign of FSD beta for me.
Fairly frustrating to get another non FSD beta software update today weeks after the camera update and currently with a 99 safety score.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
tpshortstop, what cameras did they upgrade for you? Because mine they only have Front triple cam and B Pillars listed on the invoice. There was nothing for side fender Cameras I thought that was supposed to get upgraded too.

tpshortstop, what cameras did they upgrade for you? Because mine they only have Front triple cam and B Pillars listed on the invoice. There was nothing for side fender Cameras I thought that was supposed to get upgraded too.
Yes, I got the front triple cam (which they incorrectly installed the C cameras but thanks to the posts here, they just replaced with the B cameras this past week), the B pillars and the lamp and camera side assemblies.

Still sitting on a 99 safety score but no FSD beta.

Yes, I got the front triple cam (which they incorrectly installed the C cameras but thanks to the posts here, they just replaced with the B cameras this past week), the B pillars and the lamp and camera side assemblies.

Still sitting on a 99 safety score but no FSD beta.
I got the right part # for triple cam, and I text my SC about the side fender camera no response it’s been four day already. Well I hope u get yours Soon, I’ll keep u updated with mine