Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Legacy Model S/X with camera upgrade got FSD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2016 Model X. MCU2. Camera retrofit. 100 Safety score. Got and installed 2022.12.3.20. Visualizations are great, driving is a little sketchy so far.
I have the same model, make and year..and agree..mine rad a very late yellow and tried to stop in the middle of intersection...and is very aggressive sometimes...but the visualizations are super cool..

Early 2017 Model S purchased with FSD 5+ years ago. I finally caved and paid for the MCU2 upgrade a month back. They wouldn't upgrade the cameras at the same time, or even let me make an appointment after. Just today I got notified that I can get the cameras replaced and apparently they will do it later this week. Fingers crossed.

Early 2017 Model S purchased with FSD 5+ years ago. I finally caved and paid for the MCU2 upgrade a month back. They wouldn't upgrade the cameras at the same time, or even let me make an appointment after. Just today I got notified that I can get the cameras replaced and apparently they will do it later this week. Fingers crossed.
Lucky you, my 2017 S has had MCU2 for over a year and still I don't have the invite for cameras... pretty sure I am the last one. However I stopped stressing about it. I decided I'll worry about it once FSD is in a legitimate place. For now, it is still too "beta" for my interests, and I am happy on v10 of the software. If I get the camera upgrade they will surely upgrade me to v11 which doesn't seem worth it to me without FSD, BSC, or live sentry mode

Reactions: hitparader
My cameras got replaced last week and shortly after I got home I got the latest FSD update. Everything's working now (as well as FSD works anyway). Finally!

Most of the things it does wrong seem to about speed control - driving to fast up to an intersection and needing to brake hard, or going to slow through something safe. Hopefully more progress as the updates continue.