Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Legacy v11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this correct? You mean only half the screen can be browser?
Yep. It's a complete joke. 270219536_10160360253594750_3411254158090078988_n.jpg

Reactions: jaitch
Is this correct? You mean only half the screen can be browser?
yes sadly this is true - or, worse. actuallly it's now less than half the screen. another stupid regression in useability for no reason

here's a pic of the v11 browser with tape measure for reference. you can see the vertical height of the browser window itself (ignoring the unnecessarily tall header) is only about 6 inches of the total 14 inch vertical screen available. Can't be moved up or expanded any bigger. Much worse than v10 browser which itself was worse than the old v8(?) browser that let you go full screen

Attachments

• IMG_8964.JPG
    IMG_8964.JPG
    198.3 KB · Views: 94
I am most annoyed with loosing the climate controls along the bottom. Really??? Navigate to a screen to turn the seat heat on or turn on the defroster, then go back into the screen to turn the seat down in a few minutes. Voice commands just don’t cut it , by the time you say the command you can navigate thru 5 screens. Plus you have to explain to the kids in back that you are not talking to them. Buttons that are used multiple times every time you drive should be one press and done

yes sadly this is true - or, worse. actuallly it's now less than half the screen. another stupid regression in useability for no reason

here's a pic of the v11 browser with tape measure for reference. you can see the vertical height of the browser window itself (ignoring the unnecessarily tall header) is only about 6 inches of the total 14 inch vertical screen available. Can't be moved up or expanded any bigger. Much worse than v10 browser which itself was worse than the old v8(?) browser that let you go full screen
Did you try pulling up on the browser window? Where the dark bar is. Swipe up from that point.

Did you try pulling up on the browser window? Where the dark bar is. Swipe up from that point.
tried that, and no, you can't pull browser window up any higher. You only get what you see there. and so you get that wonderfully useful half screen view of the map that you're not using instead at the top... /s

if you drag that white wide header that says "Entertainment" downwards the browser window will disappear.

I'm guessing the less-than-half-sized browser window is likely the same aspect ratio of the browser that you get in v11 with the horizontal screen of the 3/Y, and the programmer was just super lazy and couldn't bother treating the S/X differently... (or as I said before, has never sat in an S)

tried that, and no, you can't pull browser window up any higher. You only get what you see there. and so you get that wonderfully useful half screen view of the map that you're not using instead at the top... /s

if you drag that white wide header that says "Entertainment" downwards the browser window will disappear.

I'm guessing the less-than-half-sized browser window is likely the same aspect ratio of the browser that you get in v11 with the horizontal screen of the 3/Y, and the programmer was just super lazy and couldn't bother treating the S/X differently... (or as I said before, has never sat in an S)
V11 interface y'all see now has been on the refresh MS but yea. I'm guessing it's what you're saying. Laziness. Just like not having the dash cam button on the screen to record a new clip. I can't wait to get mine back from service to see if anything changed

I am most annoyed with loosing the climate controls along the bottom. Really??? Navigate to a screen to turn the seat heat on or turn on the defroster, then go back into the screen to turn the seat down in a few minutes. Voice commands just don’t cut it , by the time you say the command you can navigate thru 5 screens. Plus you have to explain to the kids in back that you are not talking to them. Buttons that are used multiple times every time you drive should be one press and done

I actually really like this change. (Contrarian view, I know.)

If I’m being honest, I hit the seat heater button by mistake more than I do purposefully. Usually when I go to adjust the temperature - almost every time.

So putting it in the HVAC menu works for me. Saves the false presses.

In the winter, I’m almost always preconditioning the car - whether scheduled or via the app. So I’ll have my seat warmers set the way I want them anyway.

It’s a setting I only use maybe 4-5 months out of the year anyway. The other 7-8 months, it’s just a false-press target.

I think the UI refresh on S/X is quite well done. We retained the menubar icons (profile, wifi, sentry, etc) that are missing on 3/Y.

About the only complaint I see is that the web browser won’t go full screen. That’s silly and should be an easy fix.

My other complaint - and this hasn’t changed old or new UI - is that the audio player is a dumpster fire. I absolutely hate it. Even splitting favorites from recently played would be a huge improvement… but instead it’s a giant jumbled ball of mud.

But as for the actual UI refresh? I like it a lot on our X …. Not as much on the 3.

the climate controls are still there. In fact they are better because there is now one for single control located closer to the driver, and if you choose dual the other appears next to the passenger. Other than the seat heaters - which got turned on accidentally far more than they were used, but I live in Texas and have only my dog in the back seat. The configuration allows me to access Spotify with fewer touches, so what and where are all these lost features buried in menus on the Legacy update?

Reactions: dmurphy
the climate controls are still there. In fact they are better because there is now one for single control located closer to the driver, and if you choose dual the other appears next to the passenger. Other than the seat heaters - which got turned on accidentally far more than they were used, but I live in Texas and have only my dog in the back seat. The configuration allows me to access Spotify with fewer touches, so what and where are all these lost features buried in menus on the Legacy update?

Well, to be fair ... on Model 3/Y, the stuff on the top menu bar has been removed - Profile, WiFi, Dashcam, Sentry, HomeLink -- all those menu bar items got spread out throughout the UI submenus. And I don't care for it -- they were better where they were.

Now, on the Model S/X, those items remained in place. So what you see in your S (and I see in my X) is much less "jarring" if you will. It's really well done IMO on the vertical screens. Worth the couple extra day wait.

(and PS - I live in NJ and agree on the seat heaters. I only use them from, maybe November-March. The rest of the year they're just false-target buttons. And even from Nov-Mar, I hit the buttons more often than I actually intend to. So yeah - moving 'em to the HVAC menu is OK with me. They come on when I precondition the car anyway.)

Reactions: SilverString
Well, to be fair ... on Model 3/Y, the stuff on the top menu bar has been removed - Profile, WiFi, Dashcam, Sentry, HomeLink -- all those menu bar items got spread out throughout the UI submenus. And I don't care for it -- they were better where they were.

Now, on the Model S/X, those items remained in place. So what you see in your S (and I see in my X) is much less "jarring" if you will. It's really well done IMO on the vertical screens. Worth the couple extra day wait.

(and PS - I live in NJ and agree on the seat heaters. I only use them from, maybe November-March. The rest of the year they're just false-target buttons. And even from Nov-Mar, I hit the buttons more often than I actually intend to. So yeah - moving 'em to the HVAC menu is OK with me. They come on when I precondition the car anyway.)
Right. I agree, and my comments were directed to the Legacy update as this is a Legacy thread. I would be disappointed too if I had a Model 3 or Y.

I suppose it may better in warmer climates but up here we press the heated seats and defrost buttons many times each trip. It is just annoying having double the presses. Never thought about accidentally turning on the seat heater, only had the car two years but never hit them by accident. Hopefully the bottom of the screen with be set up to be totally customizable so everyone can be happy(if that is possible )

Reactions: f-stop
Can someone pleaseeeeee tell me how to view tire pressure on Legacy V11?

I swear I’m going crazy and it’s just not anywhere to be found. The “car status” where it was before can no longer be pulled up in the binnacle widget options.

My experiences so far:
messy fonts at ETA summary, no estimated charge on leg arrival which even though all info is there it's quite unreadable
seat/wheel heating icons should be possible to have at the bottom bar. Actually scroll button could make it possible some as it does for temperature or fan speed
can't make fullscreen browser, especially annoying when keyboard takes up 2/3 of it.
But sometimes it doesn't open keyboard when clicking input (i.e. telegram)

Camera view when pressing sensors button doesn't display that. Funfact parking in reverse is ok.

Feels a little weird with charging status only on IC but maybe it makes sense.