Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Legacy v11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just recently noticed this - in v11 with the configurable bottom toolbar, if you normally drive by yourself and have climate control set up not-split, there is the previously mentioned empty/dead space towards the right where you'd otherwise see the passenger temp setting in dual/split-mode.

however if a passenger is sitting in the right seat, the passenger temp setting now appears there automatically when the car is is D or R, regardless of the split setting. Goes away again when passenger gets out of the seat. btw not unique to MS, I noticed same in a friend's MY
So if it’s in non split (single climate display) and I have a passenger sit down, it automatically goes into split mode (dual display) so it can be controlled separately or does it just mimic the driver control and not adjustable? What about the seat heater control which is what I was referring too. Does that show up as well in the passenger side if I have it on the driver side?

So if it’s in non split (single climate display) and I have a passenger sit down, it automatically goes into split mode (dual display) so it can be controlled separately or does it just mimic the driver control and not adjustable? What about the seat heater control which is what I was referring too. Does that show up as well in the passenger side if I have it on the driver side?
if you have it in non-split mode and passenger sits down, when you put it in gear the passenger temp indication comes up in the otherwise normally empty spot on the right. However the controls are still set to non-split, meaning if driver changes temp, the passenger temp display changes identically.

Don't know about seat heater controls, I didn't try that lately

Reactions: davezforce
What about the seat heater control which is what I was referring too. Does that show up as well in the passenger side if I have it on the driver side?
just checked that and answer is Yes

If you’re in non-split mode and you go into the icon config screen (by pressing and holding one of the bottom icons) the system only offers the Left Seat icon to drag down to the bottom toolbar. If you're in split mode the you're offered both Left and Right Seat icons to drag.

I was pleasantly surprised that dragging down the seat heater icon places it in a small space reserved just for it immediately beside the temperature - i.e. you won't be using up one of the valuable 4 main toolbar icon spots to have the seat heaters always visible.

see attached images: 1) before adding L seat heater in non-split mode 2) after adding L seat heater 3) both temps & seat heaters visible in non-split mode with passenger in car

Attachments

• IMG_9886.JPG
    IMG_9886.JPG
    351.9 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_9887.JPG
    IMG_9887.JPG
    362.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_9889.JPG
    IMG_9889.JPG
    448.5 KB · Views: 44
just checked that and answer is Yes

If you’re in non-split mode and you go into the icon config screen (by pressing and holding one of the bottom icons) the system only offers the Left Seat icon to drag down to the bottom toolbar. If you're in split mode the you're offered both Left and Right Seat icons to drag.

I was pleasantly surprised that dragging down the seat heater icon places it in a small space reserved just for it immediately beside the temperature - i.e. you won't be using up one of the valuable 4 main toolbar icon spots to have the seat heaters always visible.

see attached images: 1) before adding L seat heater in non-split mode 2) after adding L seat heater 3) both temps & seat heaters visible in non-split mode with passenger in car

Excellent. Thanks!