Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Legend of Lightning Green

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow! Four languages! I'm not all that surprised, though. French sounds okay to me. I don't care for the sound of German, though my mother tried to learn German after falling in love with the sound of it after listening to recordings of Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau singing Bach. My favorite is Spanish as spoken in Madrid and the surrounding area. I learned Spanish mostly in Mexico, where educated people speak a good, solid, clear Spanish. Cubans and Sevillanos speak an ugly Spanish, but Madrilenos speak such a beautiful Spanish that I'd like to marry a woman from Madrid. But only if we could live somewhere else. I don't like the city. It's too big.

Sorry for the digression. I'm impressed by your linguistic skills. And your English, though not perfect or always precisely correct, is fine.

I like spanish very much myself and am planning a Roadster trip to Spain, because I never was there and I think I would like it very much. It's not a big deal with the spoken languages, in my region almost everyone speaks three or at least two languages.

in my region almost everyone speaks three or at least two languages.

That's the thing. For example, if Californians' primary language was Spanish, Arizonians' German, Nevadans' Italian, and Oregonians' French, then I think most Americans would be speaking two or more languages.

So Dragon, what's the story about the turkey buzzard like creature on your front seat in that picture?!

I don't think that picture was him. Maybe he just found a picture of a bird in a car (not a Roadster) showing an example of how birds find the (quiet) Roadster to be un-frightening. (Although a quick blast of the go pedal would probably give them reason to reconsider.)

---

I will never forget a time I was in a restaurant in the center of Switzerland and the waitress was waiting on different tables in different languages. There was a French, German and Italian couple and us Americans. After switching tables and languages multiple times she went to wait on a Swiss couple and started speaking a hybrid language that seemed to favor the "best" words from all of the above languages. It was fascinating and impressive.

I like spanish very much myself and am planning a Roadster trip to Spain, because I never was there and I think I would like it very much. It's not a big deal with the spoken languages, in my region almost everyone speaks three or at least two languages.
I hope you will find save places for the night like I did

Attachments

• IMG_4459-klein.jpg
    IMG_4459-klein.jpg
    449.7 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_4460-klein.jpg
    IMG_4460-klein.jpg
    449.7 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Dragon: You have a car port now? Seems much better than that garage you had before (bigger anyway).

It's there for some years now. The problem is, that there's no electricity.
Solar panels? I spent all my money for the Roadster. Maybe in 1-3 years, but then I'll put them on the house.

If you look well on the screen you can see the fogged headlights. Need to fix that soon.

What a trip today!
I started from Merano (325m above sea level) and went to the Penser Joch (2211m), then down to Vipiteno (~900m) and back up to the Jaufenpass (2094m) and then to Merano again.
When I drove down the Jaufenpass it was very strange seeing a 150km ideal range together with a 299km estimated range. A funny coincidence was that I encountered the same green pimped up Ford Focus from my last trip again. Sadly he was driving in the other direction.

I had charged in range mode until 371 km of range (at first I wanted to go to Innsbruck). I drove only in standard mode for 185 km with 115 km ideal range left.
The weather was bad, the roads slippery wet. I managed to lose the rear for 2 times for a very very short period, the TC kicked in and saved the day. I think I did climb the Jaufenpass in 1/3 of the time I needed with my old car.

The Penser Joch. The fog is nothing compared to what I've found at the Jaufenpass. You could see only 5m around, it made no sense taking pics.
penser%20joch1.jpg

penser%20joch2.jpg

trip1.jpg

trip3.jpg

What a mess!
sill%20mud.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like a nice drive Dragon! I took our car on the its longest drive yesterday, approx 100 miles total, and we got throught the 1000 miles on the odometer. It was not as remarkable as yours, only from New Jersey to Staten Island and then back, with quite some time spent on the notorious "New Jersey Turnpike". It was also the longest drive I ever made on my own - I just never liked to drive until we got the Tesla!

One question... What's the warning "!" on this screen? Sorry if you explained this already.

http://gggalaxy.net/tesla/trip3.jpg

Last edited:
One question... What's the warning "!" on this screen? Sorry if you explained this already.

http://gggalaxy.net/tesla/trip3.jpg

On my way home I tried to charge again at that solar charging station I already tried once and couldn't charge. Neither this time it worked. It's strange, there was a Think City charging happily. Seems like the additional Schuko plug doesn't work in this case. At my home I don't have problems with it.
The error on the screen you mentioned is from that charging problem. It was impossible to clear it manualy, it only cleared when I was back at home charging in the garage.

The charging station, there are 3 of this kind in my region. Seems like I can forget them.
e-move.jpg

The white thing is the adapter I use, the original plug is an italian one.
charge%20schuko.jpg

And here's the nice error message.
charge%20error.jpg

Rainy trip

Today I did 300 km from Merano to Innsbruck and back. The weather was bad again, had it raining almost every time. Later I need to clean the door sills... again. :frown:
On the brake discs there is already much rust, it looks a bit strange. :eek:

I was confident to easily reach the 300 km Google maps showed the trip would take with a standard charge, I didn't even bother to charge in range mode. I switched to range mode (getting additional 40 km) when the car told me it had limited the power. With 80 km left and only 50 km still to drive I hit the accelerator and did 130 kmh for some km. When it showed still 40 km of ideal range left, the car suddenly switched to -- ideal range unknown, telling me "I've no idea how much range is left, *sugar* happens. Your problem. Have a nice short drive."
Needless to say I was very surprised, didn't expect this to happen after the screen told me there were still 40 km ideal range left. My remaining distance to go where 15 km and I made it home safely. But damn, I learned something important for the future.

After 2 hours of charging with 200V/16A the car shows 15 km ideal range. I'm charging in standard mode, so probably I would have 55 km with range mode left. That means, I should have left 15-25km of total range when I got back at home. Am I right?

This always happens, when you get below 40km ideal range in range mode.
In standard mode you were on zero.
i alway try to keep this 40km as a reserve. Its harmful to the battery as well if you deplete the battery to much.

Last edited: