Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Legend of Lightning Green

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it will be very hard for me to restrain doing something stupid. That's the main cause I didn't want they deliver me the Roadster without plates. But it was back in April...
100m left from my house is a police station on the same road and 100m right from my house is a place were the police will always stop some cars and check them out. I don't think they would oversee a lightning green Roadster. :rolleyes:

And I would drive without assicuration too... think about the situation: you wait several months for your car, go out for a spin and hit a wall. It gives me the creeps.

But I'm pretty sure I can't resist. Maybe I'll take it out for a short ride at 04:30 am. :biggrin:

... And I would drive without assicuration too... think about the situation: you wait several months for your car, go out for a spin and hit a wall. It gives me the creeps.
I would be absolutely fuming mad if I got my Roadster and could not drive it for lack of registration! I hope you get the plates soon.

FYI, "assicuration" is not a word in English. In English it's insurance. I don't mean to pick nits; just thought you might like to know.

You can still drive it (sans paperwork) if you have the proper qualifications...like having the local chief of police along for the ride! :biggrin::wink:

Lol, funny. :biggrin:

It will not have a temporary registration, so I can only use it to drive 3-4 meters back and forth at my home. And try to get it in my steep garage.

The registration is not over to me, they'll keep on trying to get these damn plates. Tough i find it strange... that today has to be the sixth or seventh time they say to me it has been delayed. Maybe they get all done next week, who knows.

Needless to say, though all this crap I'm happy to finally see my car with my own eyes. I'll play with the stereo in the meantime.

It's here!
roadster570_5.jpg

And it fits in da garage!
roadster570_6.jpg

Ok, now for the "First day you got your Roadster"-Facts.

1) Getting the soft top off and back on again: 10 minutes of work! More training needed.
2) Drove 30 times for 8 meters back and fort. No chance of getting elsewhere without the license plates.
3) It sucks to get the plates only friday at the earliest.
4) I don't have any clue how to "install" these plates. Is there a setup.exe? Can somebody give me an advice what to do?
5) The car looks great at every angle and with every light.
6) The car makes many funny noises: The brakes make noise, when I turn the key there is a loud "clack" and then the "pling", the battery cooling is noisy and the fan hell broke lose when I charged the car. I can still hear it when I'm in the room above the garage. At least the engine is silent.
7) The sales manager needed a whole minute to get the trunk open with the key button. LOL! It worked 50% off the times I tried to do it.
8) The car smells strange. Where the hell did they store it? Sure hope it's not the microfiber that smells.
9) I already earned some WTF-looks from people passing by. In particular a neighbor seemed very puzzled not to hear an engine sound.
10) The solar shield sucks when you are 1,90m tall. Already took it off, I think the passenger side will follow.
11) I have these mini tiny sound boxes left and right in the doors. I don't hear any sound out of them. Used 30 minutes to find out how to activate them on the Alpine head unit. Don't know if that is an option at all.
12) The sound is really crappy. I need to get these mini boxes to work.
13) The radio worked fine. Even in the garage. Surprise!
14) The music from the USB stick doesn't work fine. Error message every time I change directory.
15) These charging cables are frickin' heavy! The car seems to weigh less than them.
16) There are 276 km on the odometer! The sales manager said from testing the car. I'll add: And using it as a demo car as well, admit it!
17) I have to go out in 5,5 hours. I'm not tired. I'm thinking about going down to the garage. Just to be sure the car is still there.
18) The honk scared the hell out of my mom. Sorry! She has forbidden to push it again. Forever.
19) No problems getting in and out of the car. Key ayar warning (or something like that) is disturbing.
20) Mine is the 12th italian Tesla Roadster. The second lightning green.
21) The sales manager told me I should always charge in range mode. They always charge in range mode too. WTF!? Won't do it. Checked the logs. They charged the car 3 times in range mode and two times in standard mode.

That looks like it was worth the wait!

Room for an e-scooter as well in there.

1) You're finished when you can do it from the drivers seat.
4) See dealer; they can install without you breaking anything.
6) That's the brake vacuum pump; it's normal. The wirrrr from what sounds inside like it's coming from the passenger footwell is the AC compressor, it spins at differnet speeds as demand varies. As for the PEM fan at the rear, charge at lower current (12A) if you can, it'll go off.
7) Ask them to fix that, they can using the 'Raphael Garcia' method
10) That's the sun visor; yes, we all slide them off and I'm only 5'10"
16) We can tell you exactly how it's been driven but I can assure you that it won't be any more than you're about to :)
21) You charge in Standard Mode ok? Any questions?

The fact that the sales manager told you to always charge in range mode is strange. You should probably let someone in the US at Tesla know about that. That shows a serious lapse in knowledge from that sales manager.

Glad your long wait is finally done though. Once you get your plates, I'm sure we probably won't hear from you for awhile since you'll be touring Italy.

1) Getting the soft top off and back on again: 10 minutes of work! More training needed.

You can easily get it down to 30 seconds with a little practice.

3) It sucks to get the plates only friday at the earliest.

I had the same problem, plus a wayward courier... very frustrating!

7) The sales manager needed a whole minute to get the trunk open with the key button. LOL! It worked 50% off the times I tried to do it.

Secret recipe: double-click slowly. Click ... Click.

18) The honk scared the hell out of my mom. Sorry! She has forbidden to push it again. Forever.

I hope your Mom is forgiving, because you will occasionally hit it by accident.

21) The sales manager told me I should always charge in range mode. They always charge in range mode too. WTF!? Won't do it. Checked the logs. They charged the car 3 times in range mode and two times in standard mode.

They are complete idiots, who were slightly abusing your battery. Charge in Standard mode unless you are going on a long trip. Surely Tesla has better training than that.

The fact that the sales manager told you to always charge in range mode is strange. You should probably let someone in the US at Tesla know about that. That shows a serious lapse in knowledge from that sales manager.

Glad your long wait is finally done though. Once you get your plates, I'm sure we probably won't hear from you for awhile since you'll be touring Italy.

It was strange and he insisted with it. With other things he was better informed.
You will surely hear from me when the car is in the garage for a recharge. ;)

Dragon you just made my day! Hell yes, it's finally there for you!!! Enjoy her now and go easy on the pedal :) I bet the lack of a green roadster-delivery was close to lack of oxygen for you.

But now you can finally breathe again :)
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Thanks Nichen! :smile:

I still need the license plates, which should be here at friday if everything goes well.

Can someone quickly tell me how the license plates are beeing fixed there? On the rear it looks like it has to be glued on. :frown: