TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Legend of Lightning Green

Discussion in 'Roadster 2008-2012' started by Dragon, May 27, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Dragon

Dragon Member

I wanted to go out tonight at 5 am, reducing the risk of having an accident or getting caught. I did already set the alarm clock, but then was too tired to wake up. Maybe better.
    I've done all you can do with a sitting Roadster. So now I'm just waiting.

2. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

I liked the words "perfectionate" and thiny. The derivation is a great way to describe the glove box. (we 1.5s don't even have one)

3. DaveD

DaveD EVs Kick Gas!

Speaking as a 1.5 owner, I am happy that I don't have the 2.0/2.5 glovebox. The 1.5 tray is much more useful.

4. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Paperwork is stored in the box under the passenger seat. Though it needs to be packed tight or it will fly out on hard braking.

5. Mycroft

Mycroft Life happens

If it's difficult not being able to drive your car because it's not licensed, think about how difficult it would be if it were impounded by the police for being on the road without tags. Yep, better not to tempt fate.

6. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Tried as hard as I could, but that hardcover book just didn't want to go into the box under the passenger seat. Figured I could jam it in there (or use a hammer) but it would probably never come out again.:mad:

7. tennis_trs

tennis_trs 2010 2.0 Roadster Sport

I put the hardcover version in the trunk, and printed the PDF and threw it behind the passenger seat, and have it on my iPhone, in case I want to look at it and can't get the trunk open.

8. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

What hardcover book?

9. tennis_trs

tennis_trs 2010 2.0 Roadster Sport

My owners manual is held in what I believe is a metal book cover.

10. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

OK.
    So by hardcover you mean the aluminum owners manual that fits in the slot under the passenger seat (except for Nigel's). That stays at home... though I like the idea of printing out a version for behind the driver's seat (I can't retrieve anything from behind the immovable passenger seat.
    Many keep a copy on a thumb drive in the car or on the keychain. Would be nice if you could pull it up on the radio screen (Model S hint)

11. dwegmull

dwegmull 2013 Model S 85

An Amazon Kindle fits exactly inside the metal manual "jacket". I have the complete documentation loaded as PDF on the Kindle.

12. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

I think mine needs a couple of mm's trimmed off the edge. But I like dweg's idea! Seems appropriate to have a manual in e-format. :smile:

13. Dragon

Dragon Member

#113 Dragon, Jul 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
    Hi guys...
    Some problem again.
    I could not resist and went for a drive at 05:00 am, reducing the risk of getting caught. In fact, I did not get caught and did not crash. So far, so good.
    The drive was fun for about 5 minutes when I decided to do the "pedal to the metal". The car accelerated hard (0.60g) and a second later an error message popped up:
    Coolant system problem - service required

That's just great. It's a neverending headache with this car. :crying:
    They apparently did 276 km of testing and the error pops up on my very first ride... :mad:
    Tried already to charge the car, that did not clear anything. The error now pops up everytime the coolant pump kicks in. The pump is still working (the liquid is clearly flowing), the noises I hear are the same as ever.

It was a cold morning (about 5-7° Celsius). Just after the error popped up the very first time I checked the temps. Motor and battery was on the lowest possible, PEM was on the third blue square.

The italian service manager now is in the holidays for 2 weeks too. Well, I'll call Tesla Milan tomorrow and see what they can do.

14. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Another bummer.

Maybe we should rename this thread "trials" not "legend".

15. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Wow. Sorry to hear that. I really hope you get this all worked out soon and can just enjoy your car. You deserve it with how patient you've been.

16. daniel

daniel Active Member

1) So THAT'S what the bag is for! I wondered.

8) I guess I'm lucky. I HATE new-car smell. Mine was an orphan car and probably sat in the store for a year.

23) Yeah, the glove box is a joke! I have a little travel packet of kleenex and my insurance card, and it's just about full.

I'm sorry to hear of your problems. I hope they fix everything and get your plates to you soon.

I managed to get mine out without too much of a struggle, after the customer advocate told me where it was (I asked why I didn't get an owner's manual, and she told me where it's hidden.)

But when I tried to replace it, I could not get it back in. It's all in the house now. I like the idea of putting the PDF on my iPod.

17. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Holds a car cover quite well too.

18. bonnie

bonnie I play a nice person on twitter.

I put the cables in there when I'm on the road, along with any other 'car stuff' I want handy. I fit a LOT more in my thiny glove box ... my wallet, FastPass receiver, a pen, my work badge w/lanyard, and a spare iPhone cable. Granted, it's an exact science. But it fits. My registration and insurance are with the manuals under the passenger seat. A sun reflector for the windshield fits (barely) behind the passenger seat, and a spare bottle of water fits perfectly between my seat and the door, against the back of the cabin. The space under the driver's seat is still untouched, but I'm thinking about a small bag with a velcro back that would slide under there...

19. daniel

daniel Active Member

Impressive!

20. Nichen

Nichen Member

Could you please take a picture of the error-message Dragon?