Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Legislator says cyclists’ heavy breathing causes pollution as they ride

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A pollutant is a pollutant.

We should all get an average CO2 consumption card.

If you choose to needlessly exercise and create more pollutants you should pay more.

We already do this with electricity and gas. If you use more than the government calculated acceptable average you pay significantly more.

That's only fair. If you choose to run and climb and not only run the risk of accident and driving all of our insurance rates you but also to pollute more you should pay for that privilege.

We are all in this together and to save the planet we can't have all of these exceptions where some are allowed to pollute more than others.

I realize you are trying to be funny but really. Even the most ardent environmentalist, which I know you are not, is not going to tax people breathing. Besides, you don't believe in climate change or even that CO2 plays a role, do you?

Last edited:
A pollutant is a pollutant.

We should all get an average CO2 consumption card.

If you choose to needlessly exercise and create more pollutants you should pay more.

We already do this with electricity and gas. If you use more than the government calculated acceptable average you pay significantly more.

That's only fair. If you choose to run and climb and not only run the risk of accident and driving all of our insurance rates you but also to pollute more you should pay for that privilege.

We are all in this together and to save the planet we can't have all of these exceptions where some are allowed to pollute more than others.

No, it's not going to work that way. While there isn't a difference chemically between the CO2 from breathing and from burning fossil fuels, one is accounted for in the natural carbon cycle and the other is not.

(Interpretation) I think the point he's trying to make is that legislating activity (and taxing it) is rich with challenges that often (inevitably?) produce results that almost no one is happy with.

I realize you are trying to be funny but really. Even the most ardent environmentalist, which I know you are not, is going to tax people breathing. Besides, you don't believe in climate change or even that CO2 plays a role, do you?

The Brits are way ahead of us in this scheme.

Every adult in Britain should be forced to carry 'carbon ration cards', say MPs | Mail Online

Only because I don't believe in the man made global warming fraud doesn't mean that I won't attempt to massively profit from it...

PS: of course the climate is changing. Has always changed and will continue to change. Without climate change we wouldn't be here.

The Brits are way ahead of us in this scheme.

Every adult in Britain should be forced to carry 'carbon ration cards', say MPs | Mail Online

Only because I don't believe in the man made global warming fraud doesn't mean that I won't attempt to massively profit from it...

PS: of course the climate is changing. Has always changed and will continue to change. Without climate change we wouldn't be here.
I meant to say 'would not' tax people breathing but you can find someone saying something crazy about any topic.

We will never convince you with facts and evidence and you will never convince someone who listens to scientific evidence that you are right so we are talking in circles.