Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Legroom Difference 6 Seat vs 7 Seat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I just placed an order, currently for the 5 seat model. Our entire family is very tall, so we're looking at the best option for legroom for the second row, and we were wondering if the 6-seat option gives any more movement for additional legroom than the 5 seat option does? We're unlikely to use third-row seating often, but I'm basically trying to work out if it's worth spending the money on the 6 seat option to improve legroom for second-row passengers. Does anyone happen to know?

Thanks

There is no difference in legroom to the back of the 2nd row seats. But the 6 does provide additional room because you can sit slightly diagonal with your knees in the open area. It’s surprisingly comfortable with 6 normal sized adults.

Reactions: mspohr
Sorry, to clarify ignore the third row entirely for the purpose of this question. I'm asking which option provides more room to the second row, or are those the same?

Thanks
The 2nd row legroom is adjustable for both 6 & 7 seater, they move forward and backward the same amount. No legroom difference. The 7 is better for wider people though, the 6 seater captain chairs are on the narrow side and larger people find them uncomfortable. I’ve had some of my male friends in the 250lbs+ range, claim they are not comfortable in my 6 seater. 2nd row also folds flat in the 7 seater. Overall it’s a more practical design. The 6 seater just looks neat.

Reactions: avesraggiana
OP, just wanted to mention the Model Y 2nd row has more legroom than Model X 5-seater when I did back-to-back test drives. I know, it sucks that it’s like this. The X is wider and has a more comfortable ride, FWD, etc...but the seat risers on the Y have more toe space and allowed me to fully straighten my legs while in the 2nd row, whereas I can’t do it on the X after I’ve set the driver’s seat to my liking. I am 5’9” though.

That's true, the footroom under Model Y's front seats is absurd, it's like business class in a commuter jet back there

Headroom to the roof header bar in Y is significantly worse though, at least for my skeleton